you will all hate me for this.

Saturday

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If it's hot, I'm sure he'll give it back. Nobody wants a hot guitar. Even with expensive gear, I know a lot of guys who busted their ass to afford it, and were never given anything, so you'd hate to see someone like that ripped off.

You can afford nice gear if you really want it, make it a priority and save up. I'm not talking $30000 vintage Les Paul, but a $1500 axe and $1500 amp is not impossible if that's what you want. I've seen guys go without a car, share a flat with 7 others and eat ramen for a year to save up.

• Members

With a screen name like yours I could see you having that attitude,You WILL feel different when you get ripped off:thu:

You did'nt answer the question.

Do you check the SN's on every guitar you buy. (I'll answer for you. NO)

Are you only supposed to check when the guitar is under-priced?

What if the OP paid 500 - 600 for it. Would you be jumping on his {censored} for not checking the SN?

• Members

That's precisely the point: it was priced suspiciously low.

Does sound hot.

Doubt it'll catch up with the OP though, hard to track down stuff w/o SNs (do you keep records of yours? I don't) and the cops typically don't bother (at least in the cities I've lived in).

• Members

I'm calling hot on this one, too.

Something to think about: you're out somewhere with your new Strat, and you run into the former owner, or a friend of his. He confronts you and/or calls the cops. Now you've got a possession of stolen property charge.

Best case scenario: you lose the guitar, and are out the $$$ you paid for it.

Worst case scenario: you're arrested and charged with a federal crime.

To the OP: Do yourself and your karma a favour. Find out whether a guitar of the same SN has been reported stolen. :cop:

• Members

it's not stolen. it's more of a "my ex-boyfriend left this guitar here and he left. i don't know {censored} about guitars so i'm selling this".

that was it. i will probably sell it so pay some stuff for my parents. that's if i not really love it, heh.

Hey, I only went out to buy cigarettes and when I got back, she told me it was stolen while she was in the bathroom.

• Members

You did'nt answer the question.

Do you check the SN's on every guitar you buy. (I'll answer for you. NO)

Are you only supposed to check when the guitar is under-priced?

What if the OP paid 500 - 600 for it. Would you be jumping on his {censored} for not checking the SN?

Hell yes I check the serial number on EVERY used guitar I buy and {censored} yes I would. People who buy hot gear are just as bad as the people who stole it --No, actually WORSE.

Oh yea DONT answer {censored} for me.

• Members

Three pages + no pics = troll

or three page pics + no pics = somebody who doesn't have a camera at home , plus was busy because was REHEARSING WITH HIS BAND.

ahem.

ok, so first things first. i'm not in the states (i'm from uruguay) so i really doubt that there's a serial number database of stolen guitars here. but anyways i will call the cops. the musical scene here is pretty small, i have a list of lots of musicians so i mass mailed them asked if somebody knows of a stolen black strat. so far, one reply, but it was an american standard one, a year ago.

so i don't know. yeah, it was cheap, so i'm doubtful, but the girl that sold it appeared to be a pretty nice middle classed woman, so maybe it was just a weird lucky situation. i'll call the cops tonight.

• Members

sounds hot but you never know.... stranger things have happened.... i remember years ago a late model mercedes was in the paper for around $2000

apparently it belonged to my boss's wife

apparently my boss was inundated with calls

apparently i placed the ad

• Members

i love doing that to people who piss me off. One time i had a run in with a guy at a music shop. So i went home and placed a ad for a 1957 fender strat for 100 bucks in the local buy sell book and put his shop's phone number down there.

btw i let the guy setup a guitar for me he must of droped it. it had a big chunk out of it when i went to pickup it up and he still wanted to charge me for setting up and never fessed up about dropping it.

• Members

About 12 years ago I bought a Marshall JCM800 (two channel with 4x12 cab) from a friend of a friend going through a divorce for $300. She was selling her husbands {censored} for a small fraction of what she new she could get for it. She figured that would be better revenge for the cheating bastard, telling him she sold all of his stuff cheap was better than just keeping it.

Could be the same here?

Oh yeah, go borrow a camera.

• Members

Maybe the original owner was a spoiled brat whose parents bought it for him to learn on. He never bothered to learn to play never gave a rat's ass about guitar and therefore never understood the value of the instrument.

Years later he is caught boning his girlfriend's mother, sister, cousin, and brother. He then jumps out the window carrying only his cock and his car keys never to return to the scene of the crime.

It could happen.

Pics or this is a fairytale.

PeAcE

Archived