you will all hate me for this.

Saturday

• Members

Wow, so I came in here yesterday to wish a guy HNGD on a good score. I didn't read on to get the boyfriend story. I've seen people sell stuff ridiculously cheap to move it quickly or for revenge. I think I'd have a hard time playing a revenge deal guitar. Just me.

In reality, the girlfriend selling the guitar unbeknownst to the owner is, in the US, theft. If that is the case, the guitar is stolen. Stolen guitar=bad mojo. Not good. I'd have to pass that one by regardless of the deal. Sorry, dude, but that's not a good one to have.

EG

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man, you guys need to take a chill pill.

I bought a 60th Anniversary Strat off a crackhead for $100 this year.

Was it stolen? Maybe. Who knows? The point is that unless there's a homing chip in that guitar (mine or OP's) then tough sh*t.

What goes around comes around. If you've never had a guitar stolen then you'll never know. And if you're the type who has always been able to afford that nice bit of gear out of reach for most of us, then you'll especially never know how sweet it tastes to get a truly great deal.

Bitter?

• Members
That guitar is hot.

Think about it...when your finally and completely fed up with the bitch and you're outta there, what the FIRST thing anyone packs? Their guitar, because you know you're going to be playing it a LOT for the next few weeks...

Nobody, but nobody abandons a Strat at their ex-woman's place. Either you find somewhere to put it, or you're broke and you have to pawn it, but no way do people abandon Strats.

just an idea to toss out there...

What if the guy also had a Les Paul? ;)

• Members

Okay, all the debate about whether the guitar is stolen or not has me wondering...

Since the guitar belonged to her ex-boyfriend, not her, it wasn't legally hers to sell in the first place. I don't know what kind of statute of limitations there is on squatter's rights for guitars, but it seems to me that unless years have gone by, that guitar never belonged to the girl who sold it.

If the guitar exists at all.

• Members
Okay, all the debate about whether the guitar is stolen or not has me wondering...

Since the guitar belonged to her ex-boyfriend, not her, it wasn't legally hers to sell in the first place. I don't know what kind of statute of limitations there is on squatter's rights for guitars, but it seems to me that unless years have gone by, that guitar never belonged to the girl who sold it.

If the guitar exists at all.

:snax:

• Members
This is the HCEG forum : We don't talk about guitars here :poke:

This thread is
:love:

Come on, just one little stolen Strat? Please?

Prages, that's the exact same point I made on page 4. It did not belong to her to sell, therefore even if her story is true, it's theft. Bad mojo, man.

EG

• Members
Come on, just one little stolen Strat? Please?

Prages, that's the exact same point I made on page 4. It did not belong to her to sell, therefore even if her story is true, it's theft. Bad mojo, man.

EG

Sorry, I must have missed your post because I was so busy facepalming. :D

• Members

I would rather give up a $1000+ guitar than have to go back over to some of my ex's places.

+1

I have actually left 3-4k worth of {censored} over at the last freaks house. Would never think of calling her to get it back. I actually just veiw it as payment for services rendered.

And for those that are thinking the guitar is stolen becuase the deal is freaking to good to be true. I have in the past scored a $800 acoustic for $5 at a thrift shop, and a Sovtek Mig 100 with Ampeg V4 4x12 cab for $50 from a friend(who bought both at GC).

Wont even talk about the price paid for my LP custom...

• Members

following the story: the girl said that the ex left the country (pretty common here) and said "do what you want with the guitar". the girl has a baby, probably from the ex so in some ways it makes sense.
still im dubious about all this. i will ask a guitar tech that works with lots of guitars if he knows about any stolen one.

oh by the way, the guitar is a keeper. it sounds ridiculously good, and the neck is great, and i don't even like strats.

Archived