Need a bit of help giving a guitar away.

NOS68

• Members

Here's the deal, I have a brand-new New York Pro Strat here that just won't sell. The market for no-name guitars seems to have taken a {censored}. So instead of selling it below cost on ebay I figure some-one here knows a deserving soul who could use a NGD. I also have the pedal mod from Gilgators I won in Roosters raffle that needs a good home. So lets here who deserves these.

StratandTele122808019.jpg

• Members

I gave a guitar and an amp (Hamer/Kustom) to a kid who was in a residential drug treatment center. I found out that he was looking for a guitar from one of the counselors.

I also gave a Korg Pandora to a person on this board who was having a tough time and had to sell his amp. Just look around at some of the threads and pick someone who your gut says could use it. You'll find someone deserving.

• Members

I've been in the market for something like that for AGES!!!!! Money has been so slow though (amp and stuff on layaway, but I'm barley making payments).

While I know I probably wont get it (it's more of a want thing), I just thought I'd put my name out there, ya know... just in case.

Like the Smiths said...

"please,please,please, let me, let me, let me... let me... get what I want, this time..."

:D

(or the local boys and girls club!)

• Members

Well, I hate to make a shameless plug for myself. I'm down to one guitar and amp and I'm jobless. If you can't find any one single person other than me who would take it, I would take it.

I would rather see it go to someone who is just starting out on the instrument or someone who is in worse shape than I am guitarwise because I have a decent guitar.

• Members

Take it to your local women and children shelter. There might be a kid that would play it:thu:

I live out in the sticks so although these are great idea's, they're not easily accomplished out here and I really don't have the time. If you know of someplace please let me know I'll ship it anywhere in the lower 48 on my dime.

• Members

I've been in the market for something like that for AGES!!!!! Money has been so slow though (amp and stuff on layaway, but I'm barley making payments).

While I know I probably wont get it (it's more of a want thing), I just thought I'd put my name out there, ya know... just in case.

Like the Smiths said...

"please,please,please, let me, let me, let me... let me... get what I want, this time..."

:D

(or the local boys and girls club!)

Judging from the gear in your sig there is no way you need it!

Anyways back to OP, It's a very nice gesture you are offering (I deffo do not need it before anyone thinks I am trying to blag it) and I think you should either pick a thread of HC of someone who is clearly having a hard time ie guitar-less or find some youngster who can't afford his first guitar to rock out on :)

Edit: Just saw someone suggest sending it to the soldier in Iraq, fantastic idea!

Archived