OMG, My Daughter's Going to Be in the Movies...

Anderton

• Moderators

You're kidding.

Right?

Dude. I was an extra in that movie!!
:lol:
:lol::facepalm:

And yes, it was just absolutely gawdawful. But fun as hell being there. I made a LOT of friends on that set.

No Way!!! I didn't know that. We were there for 2 days of shooting the high school dance scene. Did you do that bit? If so we may have met each other a long time ago... that's funny.

• Members

No Way!!! I didn't know that. We were there for 2 days of shooting the high school dance scene. Did you do that bit? If so we may have met each other a long time ago... that's funny.

I was there for 2 days also, and it may have been a dance scene, but I thought it was just a "party". I do remember that it was shot in a hotel, I think a ballroom type place, but I don't remember dancing or a band. Not to say there might not have been one - I was doing quite a bit of extra work, and the majority were high school type movies, so it all starts to run together. Mostly I just remember running around the room talking with different people, most of whom were really cool.

I have a copy of the movie on VHS somewhere... I haven't seen it since it came out. :lol: I'll have to watch it and tell you which scene it was, and I'll look for your band too. I'm pretty sure I'd remember if there had been a band in the scene I was in.

That is too funny, though. :lol:

• Members

not to be the party pooper....

but if she was born in 1995, why is she involved in a movie that's worse than a clockwork orange??

Her role consists simply of being a student sitting in a classroom. When the movie comes out, she'll probably just fast forward to the part where she is :)

• Members

Her role consists simply of being a student sitting in a classroom. When the movie comes out, she'll probably just fast forward to the part where she is
:)

She will have a blast :)! I had a close up scene as an extra once but it must of found the cutting room floor :cry: . It is really fun watching movie magic in action .

• Members

My daughter has also been an actress in a few movies including a Rob Schneider production in Detroit. No real money yet but Rob put out a nice buffet for the actors. It is a rough go trying to make a living at acting, probably even harder than being a musician! I supported my daughter with a 4 year degree in acting. I wanted to give her the sheepskin that I never got for music. I hope your daughter has a successful career.

Dan

• Members

If you have not seen 'Let the Right One In', and like Vampire ( and I don't mean Twilight, though I have not seen those) movies, don't miss it...Very fresh take, fairly low budget, but not cheesy at all. Probably going to be a genre classic. Netflix has it as a watch it now movie...I don't know that I would rank it top 10, but it is top 25 all time for sure.

• Members

My daughter has also been an actress in a few movies including a Rob Schneider production in Detroit. No real money yet but Rob put out a nice buffet for the actors. It is a rough go trying to make a living at acting, probably even harder than being a musician! I supported my daughter with a 4 year degree in acting. I wanted to give her the sheepskin that I never got for music. I hope your daughter has a successful career.

Dan

Thanks! But I don't think she's necessarily planning on acting as a career, although she probably has the chops for it. This is more of a "toe in the water" kind of thing, I think.

• Members

It is a rough go trying to make a living at acting, probably even harder than being a musician!

As a musician married to an actor, I can attest to this.

For starters, there are far fewer dinner theaters for actors to perform at than there are bars to gig at for musicians.

Best,

Geoff

Archived