OK I gotta get me one of these!!!

ΨWindingΨ

• Members

If it's $99 street, I'll buy it the day it's out. If it's $199, I'll wait a day or two, decide that it's still worth it, and buy it.

If it works at All like the video, I've already decided it's worth it :lol: They really should keep it in that case with the sharpie writing though. :thu:

• Members

For stage in between tunes so you're not embarrassing the band it is perfect. I hate listening to folks tune up between songs. That type of tuner makes it fast and easy. With ears you need to hear it and in a crowded club that isn't always the case.

That's true. I take back my previous comment.

It does actually look pretty cool :thu:

• Members

I don't really get why everyone is creaming their jeans over this thing. Having a brightly lit, accurate tuner with true bypass is awesome and all, though not 'new' or some sorta' crazy innovation, but isn't the only real feature the fact that you can see the tuning of all 6 strings at once?

I mean how hard is it to simply pluck a string, see if it needs tweaking, tweak it if necessary, then move on? By seeing which strings need tuning, then tuning them individually, isn't this whole units ONLY true selling point the fact that it saves you all of 10-15 seconds per re-tune session?

Don't get me wrong; If I were in the market for a floor tuner because I didn't have one and this thing sold for less than, say, $120 than I'd get it. But I really wouldn't think twice about it if I didn't already need it.

• Members

I don't really get why everyone is creaming their jeans over this thing.

The new innovation is that it's able to detect each string's individual pitch without interference from overlapping frequencies, which is something that has never been done before. The convenience is, in my opinion, giving the guitar a quick strum between songs to see if you're still in tune before moving to the next one. If you're playing a high-energy show, you don't want to be fiddling around for too long between songs. It's really goddamn awesome.

If you're a home/session/studio musician, then yeah, it's not gonna do much for ya.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Yes, I want it.

But, they call it "Poly Chromatic", but it's not "Pan Chromatic" right?

I mean, you couldn't strum any chord you wanted and have it tell you which string was or wasn't in tune. It just looks for standard EADGBE or Drop-D, or Bass tunings (depending on the setting).

If one were to strum a GMaj7, it would "see" the G,D, and B notes, but the F# would just confuse it.

That's the tuner I'd really want. I imagine that it could have a selector foot switch that would allow you to choose what type of chord/key you wanted to check. This would be useful for adjusting the guitar's intonation (I think).

• Members

I don't really get why everyone is creaming their jeans over this thing....By seeing which strings need tuning, then tuning them individually, isn't this whole units ONLY true selling point the fact that it saves you all of 10-15 seconds per re-tune session?...

Well, 10-15 seconds is about twice as long as it takes to lose the attention of a bunch of drunk {censored}ers in a bar, so it's worth it just for that.....but it's also true bypass.

• Members

Well, 10-15 seconds is about twice as long as it takes to lose the attention of a bunch of drunk {censored}ers in a bar, so it's worth it just for that.....but it's also true bypass.

ROFL.

Yep, I play for them too, but respect them little. ;) I have a vivid memory of once playing for a bar of drunks and having a moron come up and plug a dart board back in that was next to the stage and start throwing darts. Bout beaned the {censored}er on his Kenworthless cap with my guitar. :mad:

I am getting one for the same reason. Click and it shuts down my signal and I tune, click and playing again. Heck I could do that in some songs without being noticed. :)

Archived