I think I fucked up

Ralph onion

• Members

My uncle Bill left me this 1956 Telecaster. Case and all. Original reciept is still in the case. 249.49. But it sounds like {censored} to me. I am going to switch out the p/u's to Buffalo 521's in the neck position and Darling Wood Readers and Interpreters in the bridge position. Now here is the catch, I will have to route out the body to accomodate the Buffalo's 521's. Those are the pick ups that Doyle Eubanks used on his Tele for his hit song " Want To Eat Your {censored}." I am relly having a problem about which router to use. My A-564 Makita or my 675 Black and Decker. The Makita is much quicker while the B and W is so slow. But back to the pickups. I dont give a {censored} about the classic value of this guitar. I am only interested about the sound that it gives me. The original pickups sound hazy,like that old rock and roll {censored}. I got the p/u's from Atlantic Fish Smell whom assured me that Heavy Metal was their fortissimo. I aint done none of this {censored} yet but Iwill post pictures of my progress if I can find film for my old Polaroid camera. I wanna be Slash, I would love to be his roadie. He is rock and roll. He has all of those old rock and roll muther{censored}ers beat all to hell. Jerry Lee Lewis up against Slash? Chuck Berry? Buddy Holly? Get out of here. I love Cool D {censored} Man and Black Man Aganist White {censored} Rage. And you think Anus Drip Kotex Saturated Maxi Pad's "I Will Bleed To Death For You Baby is great check out Condum Black Huge Cock's Tight White Young {censored}'s latest release. Any suggestions on pick up changes will be appreciated.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This can't be real. If it is DON'T {censored}ING DO IT, YOU MORON. YOU WOULD BE PISSING AWAY YOUR RETIREMENT

Wow the TROLLS are out in full force tonight. First the guy who wanted to put a Floyd on a Gretsch and now this. JHC some people should not breed.:facepalm:

With that being said go ahead and do it but you'll regret it.

• Members

...Now here is the catch, I will have to route out the body to accomodate the Buffalo's 521's. Those are the pick ups that Doyle Eubanks used on his Tele for his hit song " Want To Eat Your {censored}."

Go ahead and route that piece of {censored} out using the Makita.

The Makita is unbeatable for chewing through multiple cubic feet of wood per minute with minimal operator effort.

Whatever it takes; Buffalo 521's are awesome.

• Members

I wouldn't EVER use a Makita on a Telecaster... ANY Telecaster. Why bother with actual tools when the routing will be covered up with either the bridge or the pickguard??? Good ol' chisel and hammer always worked for me! Hack away! They made LOTS of Telecasters in the 50's (they were MASS produced!) and they've made a ton since (every single year), so they're not rare by any means.

By the way - if you get tired of that Tele bridge, GFS sells a nice Floyd that you can throw on there! That's the trem of choice on HC!

Archived