Gibson factory flooded?

kirs

• Members

I can see it now, 1000 2 pound chambered Les Paul bodies floating around the warehouse.

Where's "Looter Guy" when you need him. Surprised he hasn't fashioned 10-12 Les Pauls into a raft and made his way back down to New Orleans.

• Members

{censored}! I'm not a fan but that seriously sucks. I hope people's jobs are secure.

Knowing Gibson though, I'm sure they'll now offer guitars with the exclusive water treated then dried timber. Of course, they'll be a bit more expensive since it requires more hands on approach.

• Members
{censored}! I'm not a fan but that seriously sucks. I hope people's jobs are secure.

Knowing Gibson though, I'm sure they'll now offer guitars with the exclusive water treated then dried timber. Of course, they'll be a bit more expensive since it requires more hands on approach.

Well said.........:thu:

• Members

Humm. Some group of fanatic gibson collectors will prob come along and buy out the water damaged lot. Rare historical gibsons from the flood of 2010. Then of course theres the insurance money from losses. See's no economical loss for gibson really as a result.

• Members
Will this go the way of the oil industry and result in an across the board 30% increase on Gibson Products? I can see Jay Turser LP copies going up 15%...

That's what went through my mind. The price of Gibsons is going up. :rolleyes:

• Members

so much geat at soundcheck has to have been destroyed... vintage priceless gear.

lots of touring musicians keep their stuff there.

Apparently Brad Paisley and Keith Urban are looking at major losses, as is Nashville session guitarist Jerry McPherson, as they all had stuff at Soundcheck and it was heavily flooded. The Grand Old Opry also suffered from flooding.

• Members

They can move some or maybe most of the production to the Memphis plant.

~~~~~~~~ in an alternate universe ~~~~~~~~

Now Henry has an excuse to move the Nashville factory to China.

Archived