From my hometown...or city.....or state

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Moderators

Who are your hometowns famous and creative sons?

Bands and guitarists or musicians who are associated with guitar music please

Leicester, UK

John Deacon

john%20deacon%2015.jpg

Jon Lord

Jon+Lord.jpg

Showaddywaddy

showaddywaddy%205.jpg

Kasabian

kasabian_120804_12.jpg

Family

family+68.jpg

Diesel Park West

0000338920_350.jpg

The Bomb Party

Bomb+Party+-+lastsupper.jpeg

Cornershop

IGT.CornerShopBrimfulofAshaL.jpg

Crazyhead

Crazyhead-Baby-Turpentine-401180%5B1%5D.

Gaye Bykers on Acid

Gaye-Bykers-On-Acid-Get-On-Up-To-Get-365

John Illsley (Dire Straits)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Toby Keith

Garth Brooks

Reba McIntire

Hansen :D

Michael Hedges

All American Rejects

Woody Guthrie

Arlo Guthrie

Gene Autry

Elvin Bishop

Jason Boland & the Stragglers

Bob Childers

Charlie Christian

Roy Clark

David Cook

Ronnie Dunn

The Gap Band, formed in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

The Great Divide, based in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

Merle Haggard, son of dust bowl immigrants from Oklahoma to California and reflected in his music.

Jimmy LaFave

Roger Miller

Tom Paxton

Joe Don Rooney of Rascal Flatts

Tim Spencer of the The Sons of the Pioneers

Watermelon Slim

Bob Wills

Flaming Lips

Tommy Alsup

John Denver

Vince Gill

Carrie Underwood

Cross Canadian Ragweed

EG

• Members

Brad Paisley is from WV, though north of where I am. The actress Ann Magnuson, who had a side project with a band called "Bongwater" is from Charleston. The bass player for the Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies" is from here, as well. Billy Ray Cyrus shared club stages in Huntington with my brother's band, Cross Country, pre "Achey Breaky" ({censored} - now that's gonna be stuck in my head all morning).

• Members

Brad Paisley is from WV, though north of where I am. The actress Ann Magnuson, who had a side project with a band called "Bongwater" is from Charleston. The bass player for the Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies" is from here, as well. Billy Ray Cyrus shared club stages in Huntington with my brother's band, Cross Country, pre "Achey Breaky" ({censored} - now that's gonna be stuck in my head all morning).

Another WV boy!

I was going to mention Brad Paisley, though he is from so far north he might as well be from Ohio. :o

Also, both the bass player and the second guitarist in Keith Urban's band are from WV. Bass player from Pinch and guitarist from Ravenswood. I've actually jammed with the guitarist's dad. :o

Then we've got people like Charlie McCoy and Kathy Matea, as well as Jennifer Garner, Pearl S. Buck, Charlie West, Soupy Sales and Don Knotts. :o

Both Nick Nolte and Charlie Manson lived in Charleston at one time or another too.

• Members

Monmouth County, New Jersey has had some famous people come from there. Count Bassie, Nelson Riddle, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band members, Jon Bon Jovi, Danny Divito, Bruce Willis, Bud Abbott from Abbott and Costello, Leo Gorcey from the East Side Gang, Tal Farlow, South Side Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, Geraldo Rivera, Billy Van Zandt (Little Steven's brother) who was in the second Jaws movie and who married Adrien Barbeaux who both live in the county, Jack Nicholson came from Manasquan just south of us, and there are others, but I cannot remember them all at this time.

• Members

Lessee...well, closest to me I would have to say that Doug (dUg) Pinnick from King's X is from Joliet...and I believe Disturbed made their bones not too far away (I may be wrong...)

On the State level, {censored}: Styx (Chicago), Cheap Trick (Rockford), REO Speedwagon (Champaign-ish), Billy Corgan, Eddie Vedder...all I can think of atm.

• Members

C-4 covered most of the Jersey crowd but:

From the Hub:

Aerosmith, Boston (duh), The Cars,
J. Geils Band
, New Kids on the Block
:facepalm:
, Dick Dale, Godsmack, lots more.

From the town in which I currently reside:

Rob Zombie!

The J. Geils Band may come out of Boston but J. Geils is from my hometown of Bernardsville, NJ. Or at least he lived there long enough that he went to my highschool (long before me, I think a couple of my older siblings were in school with him).

Archived