SX makes a SRV guitar?

Anonymous Guy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

interesting. gibson plans a hendrix tribute (authorized and supported by the experience hendrix foundation and thusly legit as far as his estate goes) and there're a bazillion threads whining and crying about it because it's somehow cheapening his legacy ... yet SX steals the whole idea of fender's SRV (with NO authorization) strat and ... suddenly, it's ok?

hypocrisy is awesome.

• Members

Whaha.. Huge fail in my eyes.. I don't get why they still want to put the SRV iniatials on the pickguard the way fender does, they don't even do it like it was on his #1.. They should've just used a std black pickguard with wite knobs/covers..

• Members

interesting. gibson plans a hendrix tribute (authorized and supported by the experience hendrix foundation and thusly legit as far as his estate goes) and there're a bazillion threads whining and crying about it because it's somehow cheapening his legacy ... yet SX steals the whole idea of fender's SRV (with NO authorization) strat and ... suddenly, it's ok?

hypocrisy is awesome.

in after the gibson damage control

• Members

hypocrisy is awesome.

Funny, I didnt even think about that until you mentioned it.

Id guess the reason for this- I mean apart from the obvious Gibson hate- is that SX is a company that makes cheap knockoffs, so I guess nobody is really surprised by this (like how Tokais make Les Paul rip offs with similar fonted "Love Rock" on the headstock), whereas Gibson is one of the big boys- and industry standard/leader if you will, and when they make a cheap knockoff of their main competitors guitar is kind of a shock.

• Members

i guess he was thinking " Its my guitar... i can do what i want with it.."

god knows SRV was no Cork sniffer with cases and cases of un-loved and un played guitars.. he was a guitar player..

i always dug No 1.. but thats just my opinion,,

Archived