SX makes a SRV guitar?

Anonymous Guy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i played one of those Fender SRVs i was so unhappy with it.. i mean if it something you dig then you dig.. it in no way looks like the SRV number one in mho.. it looks like marketing.. its not SRV's number one.. its just a guitar with SRV on it.. and some hot pups.. sounds good though. its a players guitar.. its just not number one..

SRVnumber1_01.jpg

• Members

As stated above, I have an SRV strat. The neck alone is worth the price of admission imho. Now plug her into a 'vibe of some kind, and into a Fender tube amp, and stand back and start having some serious tonal fun. But more than anything, to me, the pau ferro neck is a thing of beauty. The neck carve is also sublime.

• Members

Lemme sum this up for you in one word.

Junk.

You must've owned one then and not liked it correct?

I guess you didn't like it because it has single coil ceramic pickups and jumbo frets.... right?

I guess I should've ignored you like everybody else did :facepalm:

• Members

interesting. gibson plans a hendrix tribute (authorized and supported by the experience hendrix foundation and thusly legit as far as his estate goes) and there're a bazillion threads whining and crying about it because it's somehow cheapening his legacy ... yet SX steals the whole idea of fender's SRV (with NO authorization) strat and ... suddenly, it's ok?

hypocrisy is awesome.

Because Hendrix never ACTUALLY PLAYED the guitar gibson is making. SRV actually played strats like that.

It is the difference between completely made up BS (gibson) and cheap knock-off (SX)

Archived