Share Your Black Friday Purchases - I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

GAS Man

• Members

The Kindle is just a reader. A good one, but in the end, all it does is read books. The Nook Color, on the other hand, can browse the web, supports a ton of document formats, has a Facebook app, plays mp3s, plays movies, 8gb of built in memory + a microSD slot, has an app store coming and they're going to add Flash support to it. It's not a full blown tablet like an iPad, but it does enough stuff beyond what a reader can do to make it interesting. Plus, it's full color so magazines don't suck on it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I'd been sitting on getting one of these for a few weeks:

452371.jpg

I was hopping for some generous coupons on Friday that were not forthcoming. But I did call up MF and get 15% off, which put it $10 over the minimum for 12 months interest free. So I like the deal.

• Members
I know you'll make that $60 sound like $600
:thu:

Thanks! :) It's a fun little beast! There's something liberating about a single pickup guitar - no fiddling around with pickup selection, and in the case of my Bullet, not even a tone control! You just plug in, play, and make things happen with your hands!

• Members
Well, I hate to boast and brag, but I bought myself a really nice amp that couldn't be had from GC, MF, or M123 for Black Friday. You be the judge.

I find that I'm at the place in life that the usual shtick from the usual places no longer satisfies my needs.

DSC_6687a1.jpg

Oooohhhhh! Most noice!! :thu:

• Members

Just scored the WH Aqua Puss Delay for $118.02 at Music 123.
51ohYJDoK3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Music 123 had it for $149.99 http://www.music123.com/Guitars/Guitar-Amplifiers--Effects/Guitar-Effects/Guitar-Effects-Pedals/Delay--Reverb/Aqua-Puss-MkII-Analog-Delay-Guitar-Effects-Pedal.site7sku423709000000000.sku
Amazon for $124.00 http://www.amazon.com/Way-Huge-Electronics-Aqua-Puss-Effects/dp/B0038KMV2Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1290877314&sr=8-1

Price match came to $118.02.

I've been looking for a good analog delay and I hope this is the one! I tried this one out a few months back and liked it.. We'll see!!!

• Members

Now that's bang for your buck!!!!

Ooohhh! I've seen those single humbucker Squier Esquires off and on over the years. I wish I'd bought one, when I had the chance. But I got mine at such a stupid cheap price, I couldn't resist it! Believe me, it's getting a nce workout this weekend!

BTW, Congrats on the Alesis! :thu:

• Members
Nice Gibby! Of their solid bodies, that's my favorite style.

I bought nothing yesterday...but I did buy myself a new git off craigslist last weekend. Been waiting for one of these to pop up used locally for about 9 months. I really like it...and that's from an owner of some vintage Gretsches and someone who has had a couple of the newer pro-line models. Only mods so far are a bar bridge and a penny under the Bigsby spring. First band practice with it in 4 hours...when we shall see what she's really made of:

594755.jpg

Nice score on the 5120! :thu:

• Members
Nah, I already got my Black Friday special - on Tuesday night, at Music Go Round. A 2005 Squier Bullet Special for $60 (price included tax). Some cheap thrills ala a LP Jr. Single pickup guitars can be a lot of fun!
:D

_AjAp2fK-UKDfToRwA2b7g.JPG

Hell yeah!
I have the same guitar except that I changed all the hardware to black. Awesome little guitars, congrats! Have fun!

• Members
Thanks Ellen! It passed with flying colors...about the only thing I'm unsure about is the pickguard. Does it stay, does it go, does it get replaced with a silver one (mine's clear)? Everything else is peaches.

Mine came with a clear one, too. Didn't like it, so I painted it gold. :thu:

Archived