Share Your Black Friday Purchases - I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

GAS Man

• Members
A {censored}load of movies for $2 each. A couple seasons of How I Met Your Mother. New shoes and hoodie because the my old ones are destroyed. A lot of tea, which I'm drinking now. That's about it. And I got up at 3am to do it. Yeesh.

But, for two bucks...

terminator.jpg

Best casting Job Ever. Seriously, nobody could have been better for that role...That was before he pretended he could act :cop:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Not guitar related, but the OP didn't say it had to be. I went to a gun show and picked up this Ruger 10-22. I didn't know they came from the factory like that (I added the red-dot sight). I spent this morning zeroing it in... what a blast!!!

CIMG1389.jpg

A buddy of mine has one outfitted similar to that with a Bull barrel and Holo-sights. That thing is a blast. Almost as fun as his AR-15's! Almost. Would love to add one to the collection.

• Members

I had an SKS done up in the whole folding stock/carbon fiber/3 round magazine motif a few years back. It was right when the Brady bill became law and everyone was hot on the SKS.. I had about $250 in it, but I sold it for about $600.. So I guess I could add arms dealer to my resume =)

• Members

Nearly five cases of beer, absolutely free!!!

Instead of fighting the crowds some friends and I packed up the van and headed to Tuscaloosa to tailgate at the Alabama/ Auburn game. Despite the weather we had a blast. About an hour after the game ended, we wont mention the results here, this guy came over and asked if we had a cooler with some room in it. We just happened to have a 48 quart cooler that was just about empty. He said come with me. We followed him to a large tent near ours where a local TV station had set up to entertain clients etc...

There were three super large coolers there still over half full of beer that barely got touched due to the cold weather. He said we could have all we could carry.

We had ever empty container we had and our cart packed with as many beers as we could carry.

• Members

Nearly five cases of beer, absolutely free!!!

Instead of fighting the crowds some friends and I packed up the van and headed to Tuscaloosa to tailgate at the Alabama/ Auburn game. Despite the weather we had a blast. About an hour after the game ended, we wont mention the results here, this guy came over and asked if we had a cooler with some room in it. We just happened to have a 48 quart cooler that was just about empty. He said come with me. We followed him to a large tent near ours where a local TV station had set up to entertain clients etc...

There were three super large coolers there still over half full of beer that barely got touched due to the cold weather. He said we could have all we could carry.

We had ever empty container we had and our cart packed with as many beers as we could carry.

That is a Alabama man's dream! Great Score :thu:

Drink responsibly

• Members
That is a Alabama man's dream! Great Score
:thu:

Drink responsibly

Or in the case of this weekend's game, drink to drown the pain and agony of choking against Cam "this game is gonna be vacated after I'm gone to the NFL" Newton.. Poor Tide, breaks a UT fan's heart to see Bama falling so hard.. Well no, not really.. LOL!

• Members
I picked something up on Saturday does that count?

Here's what I had on black friday.

And, and, tell them what else :poke: come on, come on. ;)

You know it would make for one of the liveliest posts on this board, especially if you make it a new thread. :thu:

• Members

however, since the VOS are taking over the world. I was surprised I got it though because I'm pretty sure they just had the one and I slept on it before pulling the trigger yesterday morning. But yes, it still counts as a BF deal since that's how it was advertised. And I only had to trample one person to get to it. Had to pull the missus off the PC.

I have no clue what you are talking about, "historic not VOS". Gibson Custom offers all of their models in either "Gloss" or "VOS".

VOS just means that it has a slightly aged look, while Gloss doesn't.

• Members

A Gibson Historic is built in the Custom Shop and refers to being historically accurate (debatable of course). the finish can be either VOS or high gloss, but that only pertains to the finish. By the way, the VOS finish can be removed with some Gibson polish, or some variety there of.

As for Black Friday, mine was just white. :bor: No purchases made. However, I did make a purchase last April for Christmas, which I figure will be delivered after New Year...possibly in February. Does that count?! :facepalm::confused:

• Members

Black friday was Meh! Slept in, did not go to the cold with the wife....

Today, in Cyber Monday, We bought a 60in 3D ready tv and a new xbox 360 with Kinect. All for a little over 1k (shipped!)

No guitars for me, but can't wait to watch 3D movies and play games in this "little" TV!

:wave:

Omar :thu:

• Members

Or in the case of this weekend's game, drink to drown the pain and agony of choking against Cam "this game is gonna be vacated after I'm gone to the NFL" Newton.. Poor Tide, breaks a UT fan's heart to see Bama falling so hard.. Well no, not really.. LOL!

Bama fell alright, but when you're at the TOP there's no way to go but down.

We'll be back!

RTR!!!

Dega

• Members
Bama fell alright, but when you're at the TOP there's no way to go but down.

We'll be back!

RTR!!!

Dega

I know they will, but right now they suck! Just like my Vols unfortunately... :rolleyes: I was really shocked you guys fell off so quickly. Was it injuries or the draft?

• Members
I know they will, but right now they suck! Just like my Vols unfortunately...
:rolleyes:
I was really shocked you guys fell off so quickly. Was it injuries or the draft?

Losing nine of eleven starters on defense didn't help for sure.

I also think Rolando McClain's smarts and hard work in the film room gave our "D" an extra step on the opposing offenses last year. He always seemed to put our guys in the right position.

And I'll say this about your Vol's. This year was my first ever game to attend at UT and I must admit we had a killer time. Not just because we rammer jammer'd ya'll pretty good but the strip was fun and the Vol's fans were great and very hospitable. I had heard some horror stories about knoxville but none of that happened to us. We even had a Vol's gal show us her tits while driving on the interstate between Chattanooga and Knoxville. Woohoo!

Dega

• Members

Not guitar related... although I'm thinking about trying out some tab/sheet music PDFs on it. Could turn into a handy practice tool.

Kindle3.jpg

But for it's intended purpose, it is absolutely perfect. Got it Friday, and finished two books already. I read so fast... If I want to have books with me I have to carry a couple at a time. I love to read but always moving around and having limited space (I'm in college) I have kind of put recreational reading on the backburner. I'm loving it again though. So it's great. So far anyways.

• Members
A Gibson Historic is built in the Custom Shop and refers to being historically accurate (debatable of course). the finish can be either VOS or high gloss, but that only pertains to the finish. By the way, the VOS finish can be removed with some Gibson polish, or some variety there of.

Yeah, I'm not clear about whatever all differences there might be, I do understand the part about the finish as I've already bought a couple VOS Gibsons, but this is what I'm talking about (which includes a $300 price diff). Maybe the only difference is the finish, but then I'd think the VOS should cost more for the aging treatment instead of the other way around. :idk:

The Custom that I bought that's now discontinued:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-1960-Les-Paul-Special-Single-Cutaway-Electric-Guitar?sku=517060
And the VOS version that lives on:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-1960-Les-Paul-Special-Single-Cutaway-VOS-Electric-Guitar?sku=517975

Speaking of removing the VOS finish, I got a '57 Custom w Bigsby with that mess on it. I don't mind the finish at all on my R9, but it left milky spots on my "Black Beauty". I did get them to polish off, but then the started to reappear. I talked to Gibson about it when I first got it and sent them a pic, they suggested I return it, but after I got it to buff out, I figured "what the hey". But then when the milkiness started to reappear it gave me that coulda, woulda, shoulda. But I'll just have to get it out and buff it up again. I could have just avoided the whole mess and gotten a regular LP Custom in Ebony, but I wanted the RI version with the BBs and Bigsby.

• Members

I added one more bit of crazy to my spree - but OTOH, this is no longer BLACK FRIDAY but Cyber Monday.

76886.jpg
76886R.jpg

MF has these at $260, but AMS has them for $200 plus they are promoting a fiddy dollar rebate, so one-fiddy net.

Probably doesn't make a GD bit of sense next to something like the Mustang I, but I'm into little amps these days :idk: why.

Probably just cuz I'm running out of footprint space.

I guess if you could stand the frustration you could try the 123% M123 match routine to get an additional (23% x $60) off. But M123 has been pissing me off lately. They either take days to respond, then by the time they do the original offer (url) has expired and they are clueless as to what you were talking about, or they reneg on their promo offer. Ain't worth the frustration to me to go there again for a few more bucks off a deal like this, but you could try! Just get the rebate form from AMS.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-ZTA-LBA-LIST

Archived