Frets99

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
  • Members
Good googley moogley!

That TASCAM DP-004 Pocketstudio deal is insane! $40.09 shipped

I haven't bought anything in over a year, but could not pass that up. They tried a 17% PM but I politely said I thought it was 23%.... worked fine.

I was worried cuz I could find where it said 23% on the site. There is a banner with a 110% price gaurantee. I thought they might have already reduced it.

This is the price I just got moments ago.

The rep came up with $40.09 after a check with his manager.

He was going to charge ~$6 for shipping until I politely pointed out that MF is still running free shipping with no minimum. He clearly didn't like it - "greedy pig" likely ran across his mind - but he honored the deal nevertheless.

~1 week to receive it, due to the holiday traffic, but criminy!!! $40.09 for a simple 4-track with good reviews?! That's flat out robbery!

Thanks for the tip guys - much appreciated!!! :thu:

• Members
they price match and take 23% off. that's what we've been talking about for the past 4 pages
:lol:

Close. They price match and give a discount that is 23% of the DIFFERENCE between their price and the one they're matching.

For example:
Sam Ash price -- $200
Music123 price -- $300
300 - 200 = 100
100 * 23% = $23
M123 Price match price is $200 - 23 = $177

• Members

There is a Washburn Acoustic/Electric model EA20SDL that is $750 on MF and $340 on M123. I bought this guitar from WMS when they were blowing out the b-stocks for ~$250 and I haven't seen it anywhere close to that since plus their's comes with a hard case (mine came w/ a free amp).

No links.. just search EA20SDL on their site if interested.

Also, to those waiting for M123 to call back, I wouldn't wait. Just call them, tell them the deal you want (123% price guarantee) and tell them you are ready to buy if you can give me that price. Demand free shipping as MF's items mostly come w/ free shipping. Also, in the case of the deal I posted, make sure you ask for any free gifts or items that are included.

I had success last week when calling for the first time. I was just clear about what I wanted and told them I'd pay right then if they gave that to me. It took me all of 5 minutes.

I also scored the $40 Tascam so thanks to whoever posted that originally!:thu:

EDIT: Updated the model #. It is EA20SDL (i messed it up before)

• Members
they price match and take 23% off. that's what we've been talking about for the past 4 pages
:lol:

What they do is subtract the competitor's price (eg, $69.99 for Tascam DP-004 at MF) from the M123 price ($199.99 in this case, for a $130 difference), calculate 23% of that difference (here, $29.90), then sell you the gear for the competitor's price minus that 23% of the difference ($69.99 - $29.90 = $40.09).

Sounds complicated but really isn't when you've worked through it once.

As pointed out previously the key is to find the biggest differentials: find a crazy-low deal at a competitor's website in tandem with essentially no deal at M123 and you'll get back 23% of a big difference to go along with that already crazy-low deal.

Big thanks to those who flagged this for us in the first place! :thu:

Edit: Deadbeat Son was much faster off the mark, see two posts above.

• Members

it is 23% of the price difference: $199@M123 $69.99@MF = $130 difference X 23% = $29.90 They price match $69 and deduct 23% of difference - $69.99 - $29.90 = $40.09 Should be free shipping......

Moral: The bigger the price differencel tha bigger the discount! There is a lot of large price diffenences between the markdown/closeout MF and the standard M123. When they figure out if they have not already that they are screwing themselves they will close the door.

Just ordered my TASCAM DP-004. CSR tried to tell me MF had a mistake at $69.99 and was trying to correct it, but were having web issues. Said they would not honor mistakes. Then tried to tell me that M123's price was 149.99. A bit of quibbling and haggling and he came around. I sted I had a buddy who had purchased it for $40, and as an active customer I saw no reason they should sell to some at one price and others at another. I actually got it shipped for $39.99. He said "We always have free shipping" as did the CSR I spoke to on the Fernandez last week. I wonder why they are charging some people shipping. Canada maybe? It wasn't that much haggling. Just be polite and persistent and they will usually do what they advertise. If you aren't willing to stand your ground they won't. The whole conversation wasn't more than 8-10 minutes max, so all in all not a big deal. Steal of a deal though.

• Members
Close. They price match and give a discount that is 23% of the DIFFERENCE between their price and the one they're matching.

For example:

Sam Ash price -- $200

Music123 price -- $300

300 - 200 = 100

100 * 23% = $23

M123 Price match price is $200 - 23 = $177

sorry, I failed :facepalm: previous posts corrected.

• Members

Just ordered my TASCAM DP-004. CSR tried to tell me MF had a mistake at $69.99 and was trying to correct it, but were having web issues. Said they would not honor mistakes. Then tried to tell me that M123's price was 149.99. A bit of quibbling and haggling and he came around. I sted I had a buddy who had purchased it for $40, and as an active customer I saw no reason they should sell to some at one price and others at another. I actually got it shipped for $39.99. He said "We always have free shipping" as did the CSR I spoke to on the Fernandez last week. I wonder why they are charging some people shipping. Canada maybe? It wasn't that much haggling. Just be polite and persistent and they will usually do what they advertise. If you aren't willing to stand your ground they won't. The whole conversation wasn't more than 8-10 minutes max, so all in all not a big deal. Steal of a deal though.

amazon has it for 69 too.

• Members

It is important to remember that M123 is matching ANY competitors price and subtracting 23% of the difference. Using Google, Bing, Amazon, etc. to find lower prices may be better than relying on the difference between MF & M123 only.

Example:
Tascam DR08
M123 199.99
B&H Photo: 125.00
Difference:74.99
23% of Difference: 17.25
Net Price: 107.75

So, if you have been gassing for a DR07 (the discontinued model) and thought the STOTD for $99 was a great deal, the new DR08 is only $8.75 more.

I'm sure there are many examples like this. Just take what's on your wishlist, scour the web for the lowest price and call (don't email) M123.

• Members
There is a Washburn Acoustic/Electric model EA20DSL that is $750 on MF and $340 on M123. I bought this guitar from WMS when they were blowing out the b-stocks for ~$250 and I haven't seen it anywhere close to that since plus their's comes with a hard case (mine came w/ a free amp).

No links.. just search EA20DSL on their site if interested.

Also, to those waiting for M123 to call back, I wouldn't wait. Just call them, tell them the deal you want (123% price guarantee) and tell them you are ready to buy if you can give me that price. Demand free shipping as MF's items mostly come w/ free shipping. Also, in the case of the deal I posted, make sure you ask for any free gifts or items that are included.

I had success last week when calling for the first time. I was just clear about what I wanted and told them I'd pay right then if they gave that to me. It took me all of 5 minutes.

I also scored the $40 Tascam so thanks to whoever posted that originally!
:thu:

Be careful! if it is more on MF site than M123 site you may end up owing them money!!

• Members

just purchased the montage for 205$!!!! On a side note they salesman informed me that they won't honor the deals on the mira until black friday.

Here is their policy:

123% low price guarantee

We will beat any price for 45 days after purchase.

You have 45 days to return your product if you're not completely satisfied.

If you buy the Mira from M123 now and call Friday with the lower price they will have to issue a refund for the difference plus 23%. If they don't, send it back.

How many of us bought something from M123 in the last 45 days that is available for less now? I wonder how much cash we could scoop up by asking for our (deserved) refunds + 23%?

Archived