Kirkster's Lefty Lounge - Lefties, share your stories.

kirkster57

• Members

Originally posted by Scratch

Check this out! Scroll down the page until you find the

Left handed double neck Flying V!!!

Passing an acoustic double neck flying V on the way!

Whhooooooaaahh...

I can picture Noddy Holder with something like that :) Or maybe Dave Hill. :D

Actually, looks like that guy has done some nice stuff - even if Vees aren't to my taste.

I'm sorely tempted to buy a vee if i found one for silly cheap..... always hated tham til i had a go with Jimi's black angel, and i got the bug a tiny bit....

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by t_e_l_e

does anybody know, who does produce lefty 12 string acoustics guitars? except from ordering one from martin directly.

does any manufucturer have one in normal stock?

i never seen one before from anybody

i would love to have the ovation 12/6 string doubleneck guitar.

and also a lefthanded version of the double neck gibson sg electric would be great, but i guess they never will build those, even for a price we would not be able to pay in our dreams
:(

tele

I believe laraviee has a twelve string acoustic lefty. He is actually a lefty and does not charge extra for lefties. I own one of his acoustics. Great guitar.

• Members

Hey guys,

Thought I'd let you know that I've put two of my custom/customized lefties up on Ebay.

One is a 2-year old Fouke Industrial Guitar, with an aluminum body, a mahogany/ebony neck, and comes with an external 13-pin hex pickup as well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7347721988&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

The other is a 1998 lefty Fernandes Native, customized with a sustainer system, RMC piezo/13-pin MIDI system, Tony Iommi humbucker, and mirror pickguard:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7347727311&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Its time they found homes in which they'll get more play than here! :)

Thanks,

Orren

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

i have one and I am thinking about selling it. It is in perfect condition. I have 20 guitars and I need to thin the heard. The guitar is fantastic. Great tone, well built and looks fantastic. Let me know if you are interested. You can save some $$ and avoid the 6 month wait. Let me know if you are interested.

Originally posted by bohoo2u

has anybody bought a california carved top from carvin? I am interested in buying one but I am a litte unsure about not being able to play it.

any reviews of the lh models possibly? the guitar looks very tempting

CT6Mgreen.jpg

carvin2a.jpg

• Members

I really just haven't played it much. It is a great guitar, don't get me wrong. I just have so many of them that it makes more sense to sell it to someone who would put it to use. It is in my guitar closet right now. I keep the humidity uner contol in there for that reason.

Kirkster

Originally posted by brikus

sweet axe, Kirkster
:thu:

BTW, why do you want to sell it (instead of another, since you have to reduce the flock) ?
:confused:

• Members

i forgot to mention that color in person looks much nicer than the pic. honest!

Originally posted by kirkster57

I really just haven't played it much. It is a great guitar, don't get me wrong. I just have so many of them that it makes more sense to sell it to someone who would put it to use. It is in my guitar closet right now. I keep the humidity uner contol in there for that reason.

Kirkster

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

here's a guitar i got on ebay today. it was advertised as a squire stratocaster. and the pics weren't very good. but the neck looked like it said something else than squier. so for $85 shipped to my door, i took a chance. it was missing the tuners on the headstock. thats ok because i had a set of fender tuners in the drawer.

when i got the guitar, it was actually 2 boxes. the guy took the neck off and sent them seperately. to my amazement, the guitar was a mexican strat. it was reliced, but had a major mojo look to it. a kind of guitar you wouldnt want to be affraid of playing. i put the tuners on it and strung it up. this thing plays like butter. the lowest action of any guitar i have ever played. i have to raise the action just so i will feel comfortable. this is far from being a squier.

mimstrat2.jpg

mimstrat6.jpg

mimstrat9.jpg

mimstrat11.jpg

• Members

oh yeah, also i am waiting on a mint 2003 Gretsch G6120LH to arrive this thursday. i've had two other Gretsches and both were a GREAT guitar. a 6120-60 and a Tennessee Rose. i had to sell both because i needed furniture for the new home we bought. but i knew one day i'd get another.

UPDATE...Here it is. she is spotless and i cant knock her out of tune with the bigsby if i tried. i put a set of flat chromes on her and a little nut sauce on the nut. she's one hot momma!!!!

6120_08.jpg

• Members

I've had a few additions since I last posted in this thread so please allow me to update:

Here' my family...again:

Family_pic.jpg

Fender American Standard Strat (w/Kinman Woodstock Plus pups), Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport, G&L Rampage, G&L Invader XL & a Fender DG-10 acoustic.

IMG_3290.jpg

Ibanez S470, Ibanez RG550, Burns Brian May & a Kramer EVH replica (I still need to add the space tape).

IMG_3297.jpg

Fender American Deluxe Strat & Danelectro U2-56

I'm looking to add a Gibson SG Standard and a MIA Fender Tele in 2006...and maybe an American made Hamer (I let one slip by me today on Ebay - doh!).

DK

• Members

Originally posted by TheDarxide

i'm a lefty. i play righty. i'll leave now.

:D

+ 1

When I first started to take lessons, the teacher asked me which way felt best and righty did, so I've always been that way. I still think that if I would have learned to play as a lefty, I'd be a better player, but that is maybe wishful thinking :D

I write left handed, throw left handed, eat left handed, and bowl left handed.

I use right handed scissors and play guitar right handed though!

Archived