Kirkster's Lefty Lounge - Lefties, share your stories.

kirkster57

• Members

THanks. I agree with you assessment of purple. For some reason purle was ok to me on the DEan. it's funny how much attention cheap guitars get compared to the expensive ones. They don't generate much talk. I guess I can go to the Dean forum for that.

Originally posted by Brendan

I like it. Purple doesn't look good on many guitars, but it looks awesome on that one. Good score.

Chris DiPinto had a lefty Dean V in a bizarre blueburst. It was for sale on his vintage page, but appears to have sold. I think he wanted 1800 for that one. It was dark blue on the edges and morphed to light blue in the center.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

has anybody snagged one of the Agile black ghost guitars from ebay? i saw where the white ghosts went quickly. and at the price, this has got to be a bargain for an Agile guitar. I've bought 3 different blowout bargain agile guitars from rondo. all 3 are well worth double of what i paid for them. though i only have 1 of them left. i paid 99.95 for a SG copy. just sold it for 229.00. and my old original horn 2500 went for a profit too. i'm keeping my 335 agile (as820). that guitar is great!!!

even if i dont like the black color of these ghosts, it still will be worth grabbing one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7321079955

• Members

A friend picked up one of the black ones yesterday. He's owned one before ( paid $199, ebayed a month later for $349).

The only other blowout Agile I've had was the 335 style. I regret selling it, but I did get more out of it than I paid.

• Members

a guy in my neck of the woods had a brand new epi g400, a brand new agile al-3000 prestige and a 96 american strat that looked mint. i bought all three for one price. then sold off the epi g400 and american strat. ended up getting my money back on the two guitars and kept the agile al3000p. so i still have my 335 agile and the 3000p. great guitars!!! we'll see about these black ghosts. i have a set of duncans (JB & Jazz) just waiting to be used in a guitar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Dude... Don't turn this inot an Agile forum. Thre are plenty of them on HC already.

Originally posted by leftyjay

a guy in my neck of the woods had a brand new epi g400, a brand new agile al-3000 prestige and a 96 american strat that looked mint. i bought all three for one price. then sold off the epi g400 and american strat. ended up getting my money back on the two guitars and kept the agile al3000p. so i still have my 335 agile and the 3000p. great guitars!!! we'll see about these black ghosts. i have a set of duncans (JB & Jazz) just waiting to be used in a guitar.

;)

• Members
Originally posted by LeftyAxehole

Does Squire make a left-handed Tele? Anybody got one? I can't tell from the website and I'm not finding any via Google.

Sadly no (or I'd have a whole bunch of their variants!). The only instruments Squier currently make left handed are the Standard and Affinity Strat, and the P Bass Special. Things don't improve much when you go to MIM Fender either, though there you do at least have the option of a standard Tele (only Tele option) as well.

Best bet for lefties in both Fender and Gibson styles is actually Tokai - they will do any model in their entire MIK and MIJ ranges to order left handed, in any of the colours in their range, at no extra cost. Otherwise, if you can find an importer, MIJ Fender actually produce most of their models in left handed versions - even if the official importers don't tend to bother bringing them in.

Sometimes i wonder if one of the reasons I'm entirely comfortable with a good copy over the "real thing" is simply due to necessity, being a lefty....

>

If you're looking for something on the cheap, Stagg do a lefty Tele copy which - headstock aside - looks reasonable, though reviews vary from the "{censored} sandwich" to "reasonable for the money".

One i would definityely recommend checking out is the Tanglewood Quo Status 30 (or the earlier version, the Quomaster Custom). The Quomaster custom got rave reviews everywhere, the 30 looks superb too. not everyone can deal with a green guitar - i dunno what their hang up is about that, but there you go. Anyhow..... i know there are pics at www.tanglewoodguitars.co.uk Look for it in the general range - something wrong with the lefty links the last time i checked. I don't know how available these are stateside, but I'm seriously thinknig of checking one out for my first Tele. Based on Francis Rossi's famous Status Quo tele (less the obvious middle pup). I'm no fan, but it seems like a great budget blues-rock Tele style guitar. The original version was a toploader; I'd prefer thru body. The pictures of the new model you can't see which... I'm hoping they've upgraded to thru-body, though a decent toploader could be the ideal base to fix a bigsby onto....

• Members

No big deal. I like the guitars, it's just that Agile fans are so passionate about their stuff they would take this forum over. Every post about Agile turns into a huge discussion.

Originally posted by leftyjay

i wont post anymore agile stuff. i know you dont like the guitars. i found all the agile/sx threads and will be right at home there.

• Members
Originally posted by Dirty amps

Anyone intrested !

One of them is going for sale:

Dirty_leftys3.jpg

Hi,

please tell me about those 2 on the right (red and sunburst) and the sunburst Tele. please decribe their characteristics. i'm looking for a lefty guitar and could be interested in one of those 3.

best regards,
jpp

• Members

Originally posted by jppedroso

Hi,

please tell me about those 2 on the right (red and sunburst) and the sunburst Tele. please decribe their characteristics. i'm looking for a lefty guitar and could be interested in one of those 3.

best regards,

jpp

The Tele and the red Airline copy is sold.

The Mosrite/Univox copy is still for sale.

Read some reviews here:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Eastwood/Univox_Hi_Flyer_Copy-01.html

• Members
Originally posted by LeftyAxehole

Edward, thanks for the reply and the advice. I'm going to look more into one of the copies for now, either Stagg, Turser or SX.

:cool:

np - glad to be of help.

Too few of us lefties around - we's all a got to stick together! :)

Archived