Kirkster's Lefty Lounge - Lefties, share your stories.

kirkster57

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey...just found this dive:D. Great place for the lefties to hang out. Been one as long as I can remember. The kids are (all lefties:

LP Elegant (Feiten retrofitted)
LP 59 RI (Feiten retrofitted)
LP 54 Goldtop RI
Taylor 912 (Feiten retrofitted)
Axis Sport
American Standard Strat
Tele
Godin Acousticaster

The Lefty Lounge is now bookmarked. Here's a pic of the LPs.

• Members
Originally posted by AyeCapn

I've seen how you "bump" the guys around here...
:(

as I said before : don't hold your ghey case for a generality, pansy boy. :o

ah BTW I hadn't noticed you were lefty...welcome to the club.

• Members

I have nver been a huge fan of purple, but this changes my mind. This is a custom color. These Time capsule deans are pretty expensive if you have ever priced one. By themselves withut any custom add ons they go for around $1,800 or so..

deanv3.jpg

deanv1.jpg

deanv2.jpg

• Members

He's had that one forever and can't sell it. That is a standard color for them. Jeff form Sinister is pretty firm on the price. I offered him $1,800 for it last year and he had a fit.... I'm the only lefty Dean dealer, thre no other lefty dean like, etc. Well it's going on two years and he still has it.

Originally posted by Detox

• Members
Originally posted by Detox

I have one hell of a time finding good left-handed guitars. As if that isn't bad enough, when the time comes to sell one, it's even tougher. I've had one on consignment at a local music store since last October, and still not one bite.

Try EBay. I've sold a lefty Squier Strat and a lefty American Strat, both went BIN. I've never had a piece of music equipment sit for more than 6 days on EBay. Amps, guitars, effects whatever. EBay rules! :)

• Members
Originally posted by LeftyAxehole

Try EBay. I've sold a lefty Squier Strat and a lefty American Strat, both went BIN. I've never had a piece of music equipment sit for more than 6 days on EBay. Amps, guitars, effects whatever. EBay rules!
:)

I might do that. For now, I took it to another shop, which has a website:

http://www.elderly.com/vintage/items/31U-411.htm

• Members

Originally posted by kirkster57

I just got an e-mail today from a Sanatoga guitar dealer, that they expect a lefty model wihin the next 30 days or so. It will be the SAN 400 in amberburst. I have provded a link for you to check out theri line. It think the SAN 400 will go for around $350 or so.

Is that the only lefty they carry?

• Members

Originally posted by brikus

BTW, I think it would be a great idea to use this thread to list the lefty-friendly manufacturers (and denounce the lefty-unfriendly) :

Gibson

Godin

Parker

Reverend

Why are these lefty un-friendly? I know that Gibson charges extra for their lefties and only offers some models, but what about the other manufacturers?

thx....

• Members

Why are these lefty un-friendly? I know that Gibson charges extra for their lefties and only offers some models, but what about the other manufacturers?

thx....

Well, what you mentioned about Gibson (just a few models available LH, and with an upcharge) is sufficient to classify them as LH-unfriendly....but as far as I know, all the others don't even offer lefties. Godin used to offer a few models, but they discontinued them so no LH at all now.

• Members

Done. Thanks!
:D

Erm...it doesn't appear on all of your posts...so I think it's just something you added on this one. If you click on the button 'user cp' on top of the page and go to 'edit profile' or something like that, you can modify your signature. That's where you should put it. ;)

But I have to leave you know....this is my 19999th post and I have the 20Kth post thread to take care of ! ;)

• Members
Originally posted by brikus

Well, what you mentioned about Gibson (just a few models available LH, and with an upcharge) is sufficient to classify them as LH-unfriendly....but as far as I know, all the others don't even offer lefties. Godin used to offer a few models, but they discontinued them so no LH at all now.

WTF? Damn! I was GAS'in for a P-90 Godin too. I've heard good things about them, but if they won't support lefties, I won't support them. I'm tired of feeling like the only geek at the prom without a date!

Thanks for the heads-up bri!

:D

• Members
Originally posted by kirkster57

Nobody liked my new purple guitar?
:(

I like it. Purple doesn't look good on many guitars, but it looks awesome on that one. Good score.

Chris DiPinto had a lefty Dean V in a bizarre blueburst. It was for sale on his vintage page, but appears to have sold. I think he wanted 1800 for that one. It was dark blue on the edges and morphed to light blue in the center.

Archived