Kirkster's Lefty Lounge - Lefties, share your stories.

kirkster57

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by brikus

DK, I hate you...
:cry:

BTW how does that Burns sound/play ? I've been lusting for one for a loooooong time...
:o

The Burns is an odd guitar. TONS of pup options. Many sound fantastic but some can be real muddy and useless...unless you use a treble booster like, you guessed it, Brian May. The guitar is lighter than you would expect and has a nice chunky neck. Heavy gauge guys might not like the fact that it is designed specifically for 9s...or so says Burns. Definately nice to have in the old arsenal, though. I dig it!

Originally posted by telephant

Derelict King, where did you find the G&L Invader??? I thought they didnt offer them in lefty?
:confused:

I found it on Ebay and yes, they haven't made lefty Invader XLs in years.

I said earlier in this thread that I grabbed it for $650. That was a typo. I snatched it up for a mere $550. Best GAS steal of my life. If you can find one I highly recommend you jump on it. It's easily my favorite guitar of the bunch. Hard as Hell to find, though. Aside from my Rampage it was the hardest guitar for me to locate. Trust me, it was pure dumb luck on my part.

DK

• Members
Originally posted by t_e_l_e

DK were did you get the dano? i didn't saw offers of lefty danelectro's in the new reissue series

i'm more gas'ing for a 59 DC as lefty, but i guess there are no available
:(

I picked it up for $200 recently from one of my buddies at Cyberjammin.

To be honest I was shocked at how much I liked that guitar. Another nice one to have in the old arsenal!

Good luck with your search.

DK

• Members

Originally posted by Detox

I have one hell of a time finding good left-handed guitars. As if that isn't bad enough, when the time comes to sell one, it's even tougher. I've had one on consignment at a local music store since last October, and still not one bite.

same here. I can't get rid of my lefty epi les paul standard.

• Members
Originally posted by highgainlover

IbanezRG3120.jpg

I think we need to sue the guitar companies for discrimination. Lefties account for 11% of the population yet the % of righties to lefty guitar is less than 1%.

:mad:

how do we start? the sooner the beter. it's about time someone speaks the truth.

which company should be start with?

• Members
Originally posted by leftystratman

how do we start? the sooner the beter. it's about time someone speaks the truth.

which company should be start with?

I'd say Gibson. They hardly have a few models of their range available lefty. Fender is less bad, but they do offer a smaller choice of colours for lefties. :mad::rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by andrew7896

three letters P...R...S

Well they must have got money from the lawsuit they won against Gibson...so they could use it wisely...in a lawsuit they'd lose against lefties ! :mad:

So PRS wouldn't be a bad idea, as they recently stopped making lefties. But I still think Gibson would be a better choice : bigger brand, hence a bigger impact if the lawsuit is won, not to mention they sued PRS for imitating the LP shape...suing them for discrimination against lefties would be throwing their wicked game right back at them... :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by brikus

Well they must have got money from the lawsuit they won against Gibson...so they could use it wisely...in a lawsuit they'd lose against lefties !

So PRS wouldn't be a bad idea, as they recently stopped making lefties. But I still think Gibson would be a better choice : bigger brand, hence a bigger impact if the lawsuit is won, not to mention they sued PRS for imitating the LP shape...suing them for discrimination against lefties would be throwing their wicked game right back at them...
:cool:

yeh but starting with the big lawsuit company wouldnt be a good idea either. i suit against PRS would be easier to win because they make no lefties at all.

• Members
Originally posted by kirkster57

Go after Fender. Thet make fewer lefty models than Gibson.

I'm not sure about it at all.

Or why not go after Reverend (I asked and they said they won't do any lefty, cuz they'd have to buy lefty tuners....:rolleyes: ), a little guy just to warm up a bit first ? :)

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

This {censored}ing blows. I want a super strat and noone offers one in lefty. I mean, a strat with a hb in the bridge, lefty floyd rose, and one piece maple neck should not be this damn hard to come by.

I hate life.
:(

www.warmoth.com...

or maybe you can get that kind of stuff from Carvin. They have a few hidden options. So say you order a bolt or bolt+ model and you ask them for one with just one pickup. I'd suggest you contact them and ask if that kind of thing is possible. You might end up with a good surprise. :)

• Members

Another lefty, been playing less than a year but have been really down on the availability of lefty guitars. Anybody have experience with G&L? I really like the ASAT but not sure about availability. They weren't on the list of friendly or unfriendly companies. I know they make some lefty but are they hard to get or only certain ones made lefty?

• Members

You got that! I saw it, but had to choose between my wife and the guitar. I ended up buying that Samick Switchmaster that was on ebay at the same time. Less expensive. I'm hoping to keep both. Film at eleven... I have a lovely, though ragged, old Guild jazzer, but it's backwards. I wanted something similar that's a lefty.

• Members

Originally posted by Straightface

Another lefty, been playing less than a year but have been really down on the availability of lefty guitars. Anybody have experience with G&L? I really like the ASAT but not sure about availability. They weren't on the list of friendly or unfriendly companies. I know they make some lefty but are they hard to get or only certain ones made lefty?

well the thing is you can't have any of their models with the Z pickups in left-handed version.

Archived