Kirkster's Lefty Lounge - Lefties, share your stories.

kirkster57

• Members
Originally posted by Scratch

Thought I'd share this one with you. It's a 1975 Geoff Gale Magnum custom. Carved maple top on mahogany, five piece (maple and ebony neck), Dimarzio super distortion (bridge), Dimarzio Dual sound (neck).

5-picture2.gif

ooh, that's sweet ! :eek::cool:

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by kirkster57

Yep,. you are right. That is when Ebay can be a bitch.

So true! Mind you, if we do fall in that trap, it's our own fault....

That's what i always found so funny about those ed roman anti-eBay rants.... not one of them is something you can blame ebay for, more likely buyer stupidity...

• Members
Originally posted by Scratch

Thought I'd share this one with you. It's a 1975 Geoff Gale Magnum custom. Carved maple top on mahogany, five piece (maple and ebony neck), Dimarzio super distortion (bridge), Dimarzio Dual sound (neck).

5-picture2.gif

Nice! Looks very 70s (in a good way). I could go a bundle on one of those in CAR with two p90s....

• Members

i have scored sone great deals on e-bay and I have sold smore stuff for a lot more than I shuld have gotten. Seems like these days the deals on e-bay are few and far. There is a lot of junk on there.

Originally posted by Edward

So true! Mind you, if we do fall in that trap, it's our own fault....

That's what i always found so funny about those ed roman anti-eBay rants.... not one of them is something you can blame ebay for, more likely buyer stupidity...

• Members

Cool Magnum Custom!!

kirkster....do your pups on your Firebird hum?? It seems like mine are SC's ?
All my humbucker guitars and my strat are totally silent and quiet.

so far that is the onlt thing about the Firebird that I don't like...other than that it is great. THE LOW END on this thing is AWESOME!!!!

• Members

Yeah... they kinda do in the bridge position but they are very hot. How about the woring. Have you noticed that all of the volume controls do something even when you are switched to a particular pickup. Weird... Glad you like it.

Originally posted by LeftyLang

Cool Magnum Custom!!

kirkster....do your pups on your Firebird hum?? It seems like mine are SC's ?

All my humbucker guitars and my strat are totally silent and quiet.

so far that is the onlt thing about the Firebird that I don't like...other than that it is great. THE LOW END on this thing is AWESOME!!!!

• Members

Leftylang, your mini-humbuckers are noisy? I have to say, the mini's on my Tokai Firebird are completley noisless, maybe it's only the bodies are made in the same factory? although, mine has the reverse head-stock so I'm kinda starting to doubt that.Also the pick-guard is different, and the inlays on the neck.Would the fact there is three pickups have anything to do with it?

K

• Members

Hi Lefties !

I live in Portugal, Europe and i'm thinking on buying a lefty guitar.
At the moment i've a righty Epiphone SG.

I've a 2 problems :

1st - I want a lefty Fender Jaguar, or JagStand. Do u know if there are some lefty's versions of this models ?

2nd - Because i live in Portugal i will only buy online from stores/dealers in Europe. Do u know some ?

Best Regards,
JPP

• Members

thanks kingaaa !

I already knew this store, and i've already buyed some equipment from them. They sould have a section for lefthanded guitars. To find some lefthanded guitars we have to browse between hundreds guitars.

I want a new lefty Fender Jaguar/Jagstand and i suppose that if it don't exists on Fender's site then that model doesn't exists. Am i correct ?

Best Regards,
JPP

• Members

JP, you take a chance importing anything out-side the Euro-zone with taxes, you might be charged and you might not. I've never bought from Ishibashi, but a few here have and never had a problem.Even with taxes I dont think it would be too bad,is'nt the tax rate in Portugal is one of the lowest in the E.U/

• Members

Hey Kirkster..
I think the Firebird is a great guitar, but just not for me. The neck is a nice fat neck & the quality of this guitar is great. I really am a strat & 335 player though. I will probably kick myself for selling it but I need to raise some cash for a Gibson Archtop I bought and a PA system for our band. I am also selling a Fender Tweed Pro Jr. amp as well.

• Members

Kirkster where was your guitar made? I'm starting to think Eastern Europe or so, they seem to be a lot cheaper over here, Adriondack.com is charging $529 for that Utopia, the one on my link is around $200 and the only difference is the painted head-stock.

• Members

Korea -- It says so on the headstock

Originally posted by kingaaa

Kirkster where was your guitar made? I'm starting to think Eastern Europe or so, they seem to be a lot cheaper over here, Adriondack.com is charging $529 for that Utopia, the one on my link is around $200 and the only difference is the painted head-stock.

Archived