Kirkster's Lefty Lounge - Lefties, share your stories.

kirkster57

• Members

This thread is for lefties to discuss lefty guitar finds and other issues unique to us lefty players.

I will start off by saying that I am hearing that Schecter will be offering some new lefty guitars in 2005. I should have the new catalog in my hands by this Friday and I will share the info with other fellow lefties. I am finding that lower priced guitars are hard to come by in lefty. Gibson does offer a fair amount of lefty stuff, but they are pretty high end.

Kirkster

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have the same experience - very little available at the more affordable end of the market - or if it is, it's only in a very limited range of finishes or only one variation (e.g. Standard Strat, but none in the Classic series, etc). Where it gets really annoying is if like me you fancy a lot of the quirkier type stuff - I loved the Dearmond range, but major lack of lefties there. Eastwood are good with lefties in their range. Also good things to say about Tokai and Gordon Smith (www.gordonsmithguitars.com) - they do everything in their ranges lefty at no extra cost.

When i have more time I'll post about my latest ebay find.

• Members

Originally posted by kirkster57

Were you forced to play that way or was it natural for you? I golf and bat right handed, but there is no ay I can play a guitar right handed.

It's just the way I picked up the guitar. I'm right handed for everything (no, not that though!), apart from writing.

• Members

Edward, Please do. This is exactly the kind of stuff I would like to discuss and hear about some of the lefty "finds" out there. Right now I own

Heritage 535

Gibson Les Paul Supreme

Gibson Les Paul CS Class 5

Gibson Les Paul 58' Historic w/Brazilian

Gibson SG Standard

Music Man Axis Super Sport

Fernandes AS-185 (Import)

Fender 62' RI Telecaster (MIJ)

Fender Stratocaster Deluxe 50th Anniversary

Hamer Monaco Elite (First Lefty Made)

Minarik Inferno

G&L ASAT Deluxe

Chafin Helios Custom (1st Lefty Made)

Tony DeLuca painted Gold sparkle Tele w/holoflakes

Carvin CT6M

Taylor 314CE Acoustic/Electric

• Members

I am lefty in everything except shooting and hockey, but when I started playing (1965) I didn't even know there was such a thing as lefty and righty - therefore, I play righty.

BTW - Carvin makes every guitar in lefty at no additional charge.

• Members

Originally posted by augustin25

Another Southpaw here; I've even bought a guitar from Kirk before.

Me too. Lots of guys have bought from Kirk, but he's chilled out a bit lately. ;)

I'm down to two strats and a soon-to-be complete Esquire. There may be one more after that, but I've decided to keep the collection down to four. It was getting ridiculous for a while...

• Members

I play guitar and write left handed but am right handed for just about everything else. When I first picked up a guitar it just felt natural - back in the day I had to use restrung righty's. Even tho lefties only account for

• Members

A-25... How are ya? How do you like the heritage? I like the top. Do you have any closer up pictures of it?

Fine. Don't ask me about my Heritage. :(

augustin25, what is that Tele? All rosewood? Never seen such a headstock.

Kirkster, the Tokai is used: it's a 1986 MIJ Tokai Breezysound. Haven't had a chance to REALLY play it. Sounds great acoustically. First band rehearsal is this Sunday.

• Members

LG... Ypu must have used up your bandwith. I can't see the pics anymore. How do you like your Heritage? I have a 535 semi-hollow. I really don't play it much, but it is a nice guitar.

Originally posted by Lefty Geek

Fine. Don't ask me about my Heritage.
:(

augustin25, what is that Tele? All rosewood? Never seen such a headstock.

Kirkster, the Tokai is used: it's a 1986 MIJ Tokai Breezysound. Haven't had a chance to REALLY play it. Sounds great acoustically. First band rehearsal is this Sunday.

• Members

AZ.. I have a Fender Tele 62' Reissue on ebay for sale right now. It is the three tone sunburst and doulbe binding. Nice guitar. Now if I said this on the Fender Forum they would ban me. That palce is getting to be a joke.

I mentioned on the FDP that I listed my guitar for sale in THEIR Classifieds and I got a e-mail from Chris Green warning me that if I do that again I'm out. He wasn't real courteous about it either. Can you believe that shit? And I'm a contributing member to boot. That's why I started this thread up. It is too restrictive on the FDP.

Originally posted by arnoldziffle

Me too. Lots of guys have bought from Kirk, but he's chilled out a bit lately.
;)

I'm down to two strats and a soon-to-be complete Esquire. There may be one more after that, but I've decided to keep the collection down to four. It was getting ridiculous for a while...

• Members

I used to be frustrated with what each company offered lefty until I fell in love with music man, G&L, and Heritage. Now my problem is, when I come across a lefty I feel I must buy it. I have stopped with my wifes encouragment but it is difficult!

• Members

Originally posted by LeftyLang

AZ...was that your Gold Tele I missed out on?

Aye, that was mine. I'm scaling back on my inventory a bit so that I have an excuse to start building them from scratch.

Not completely - - starting with bodies first.

• Members

Anyone interested in a lefty email group? I'm on a Yahoo surf guitar list and it's pretty convenient. You can get individual emails or get it in a daily digest email. Since availability is a huge issue, we can freely discuss guitars for sale without authoritarian oversight.

• Members

LG... Ypu must have used up your bandwith. I can't see the pics anymore.

Don't know what happened, I have plenty of bandwidth. Perhaps it was too much at once.

Originally posted by Assumer

Now my problem is, when I come across a lefty I feel I must buy it.

That's the problem I have. If I see a rare lefty that isn't too much, I have to grab it.

If anyone is interested, I am selling the Rickenbacker 330 and the MIA Strat (and eventually the Carvin SC-90). Interesting trades considered.

• Members

AZ.. I'm up for it. Tell me what to do.

kirkster

Originally posted by arnoldziffle

Anyone interested in a lefty email group? I'm on a Yahoo surf guitar list and it's pretty convenient. You can get individual emails or get it in a daily digest email. Since availability is a huge issue, we can freely discuss guitars for sale without authoritarian oversight.

Archived