R.I.P Gary Moore

Sale83

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry to hear it. To me he will always define what a LP should sound like. Besides i loved his turbo charged blues rock chops even i they weren't alway applied to a context that suited them best. Thanks for the music gary and rest in peace

• Members

I have just heard the news and am just crushed. One of my all time favorite guitarist and could ring a tone to make anyone green with envy out of any ax he played. One of the true greats and a real players player-R.I.P

That pretty much sums up how I feel right now. I'm stunned. Absolutely stunned. Sadly, I only recently became a fan of his about two years ago, but bought nearly all his albums and DVDs. He was a brilliant, emotional player. The world is a sad place today. RIP Gary. :(

This is one of the greatest performances I've ever seen in my life from a guitarist. I could listen to it for days on end:

• Members

He is.... no moore. But seriously, I will miss him. His tone and phrasing is an inspiration to me. I remember hearing his music when I was very young. Back then I didn't know who it was but I 'discovered' him in the last few years and realized that it was him that I remember hearing and being inspired by. It turned out that he was one of the main reasons I picked up a guitar. I am sure he will live on in the music of those he inspired. Long live his memory.

• Members

I was bummed when I heard about this yesterday. While I haven't been a big fan of Gary's music in recent years (I prefer his rock stuff), I've always had a lot of respect for his chops. Many people don't realize that he did a wonderful celtic rock song in the late 80s called "Over The Hills and Far Away." It's my favorite Gary Moore song.

[video=youtube;UlZvGW-CWUw]

R.I.P. Gary

• Members

I think he went back to making good music right after that era. :lol:

Just kidding. He was a very versatile guitarist. He did this stuff, rocking blues stuff, jazzy stuff... he had multiple pursuits.

I think he should be respected for that, not ridiculed for it. :idk:

• Moderators

So far it looks like a heart attack, but there are reports he may have gone on a bender the night before
:(

Local news says roughly that he arrived at his hotel late in the evening, shared a bottle of champagne with his gf, had a few brandies and then went to bed.

It's now been released that he did indeed die from a heart attack, and that they will be releasing the body to his family shortly

As Eric Bell said, GM was not an R&R victim, it's one of the reasons why he had a difficult relationship with Lizzy in the early 80s, he's always tried to be a relatively clean liver and shied away from any excesses and is very musically focused and orientated

It's weird innit....guy spends his life stayin clean and then pops it before his time while other who've obviously indulged to the nth degree last for ages.

Having said all that I've seen some recent pics and he'd put on lots of weight and he could also be carrying a family predisposition for cardiac issues

Bless him anyway, he never did anything but play his {censored}ing heart out, he can never be accused of holding back

• Moderators

I respect his blues stuff, I just do not like his blues stuff. That is all.

That's cool and a view we could all understand

In a tribute to him, Bob Geldof described him as part of an Irish Blues trinity, Van Morisson, Rory G and Gary M., and each in someway brought something new to the blues table, whether you wanted to partake of any offerings is another thing

Bless him anyway, he never did anything but play his {censored}ing heart out, he can never be accused of holding back

That's really all there is to say beyond thanks for the great entertainment he provided us. That last bell is gonna ring for each and every one of us someday. The best you can do is the best you can do. If you left something on the table either because you wouldn't try or figured out a way to make the bell ring sooner on your own, that's really too bad. People like Gary can't be accused of not putting it all out there.

• Members
Local news says roughly that he arrived at his hotel late in the evening, shared a bottle of champagne with his gf, had a few brandies and then went to bed.

It's now been released that he did indeed die from a heart attack, and that they will be releasing the body to his family shortly

As Eric Bell said, GM was not an R&R victim, it's one of the reasons why he had a difficult relationship with Lizzy in the early 80s, he's always tried to be a relatively clean liver and shied away from any excesses and is very musically focused and orientated

It's weird innit....guy spends his life stayin clean and then pops it before his time while other who've obviously indulged to the nth degree last for ages.

Having said all that I've seen some recent pics and he'd put on lots of weight and he could also be carrying a family predisposition for cardiac issues

Sad, sad, sad :(

Archived