R.I.P Gary Moore

Sale83

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Of course it's terrible to lose someone like that at such a young age but to be honest...his playing left me cold. Especially those so-called blues albums he made. Blues is not about trying to cram 3000 notes into a solo.

sorry to burst ya'lls bubble...

:facepalm:

Those so called blues albums he made weren't about cramming notes in, you clearly know little of his blues work, and the esteem he was held in by many blues artists....you aren't bursting bubbles, you're just being a c

• Members
:facepalm:

Those so called blues albums he made weren't about cramming notes in, you clearly know little of his blues work, and the esteem he was held in by many blues artists....you aren't bursting bubbles, you're just being a ****

Thanks for telling what I know or don't know...:rolleyes:

The guy {censored}ing overplayed all over everything ok? I had his first blues album I thew it away after one listen...:lol:

He was an excellent pop metal guitarist and I'll give you that...blues not so much. Please don't ever try and {censored}ing tell me what I don't about blues guitar. If you think Gary Moore was a blues musician you are the one is severly lacking in education. I imagine you are also a big fan of Pat Travers's blues albums as well? Do you also think Frank Marino is a blues guitarist?

{censored} off

• Members
Thanks for telling what I know or don't know...
:rolleyes:

The guy {censored}ing overplayed all over everything ok? I had his first blues album I thew it away after one listen...
:lol:

He was an excellent pop metal guitarist and I'll give you that...blues not so much. Please don't ever try and {censored}ing tell me what I don't about blues guitar. If you think Gary Moore was a blues musician you are the one is severly lacking in education. I imagine you are also a big fan of Pat Travers's blues albums as well? Do you also think Frank Marino is a blues guitarist?

{censored} off

Hey,Gary Moore didn't released a new album,he died,ok?Give him some respect.

• Members

Of course it's terrible to lose someone like that at such a young age but to be honest...his playing left me cold. Especially those so-called blues albums he made. Blues is not about trying to cram 3000 notes into a solo.

sorry to burst ya'lls bubble...

It's called tact, you {censored}rag. Show some decency.

Obviously you're momma didn't raise you proper.

Talk smack on the guy a few months from now, not on the day he died you prick.

The only person's bubble you bursted was your own. :rolleyes:

• Members

Gary didn't just rehash what went before in blues music-he brought a rock sensibility, along with HUGE chops, to combine with a genuine understanding of the genre. Just as Jimi did, and SRV did, he ADDED to the blues, not replayed it.

Some people get it, some people don't. Some who don't are also rude {censored}tards (see above) who should slap their parents for raising them to be narrow minded and rude.

• Members

Moore was high voltage blues at it's best. There were other guys out there who did the slower stuff with only a few notes. Blues doesnt have to be slow and sad. It can also be full on feel good music. Moore was brilliant at rock blues.

• Members

Moore was high voltage blues at it's best. There were other guys out there who did the slower stuff with only a few notes. Blues doesnt have to be slow and sad. It can also be full on feel good music. Moore was brilliant at rock blues.

+1

I'm sick of narrow minded blues traditionalists who cry that blues can only be done one way.

Gary exposed a lot of people to blues music that wouldn't have listened to it otherwise. That's not a bad thing.

• Members

The guy {censored}ing overplayed all over everything ok? I had his first blues album I thew it away after one listen...

{censored} off

Ewww! That is some UGLY {censored} there.

:evil:

• Members

+1

I'm sick of narrow minded blues traditionalists who cry that blues can only be done one way.

Gary exposed a lot of people to blues music that wouldn't have listened to it otherwise. That's not a bad thing.

Totally agree.

I'm not sure what blues is "supposed to be about" but I loved GM's playing in any context.

• Members

{censored} off

You are a {censored}ing idiot. Grow up and realize your {censored}ing OPINION is not a universal truth. You sound like a {censored}ing stupid little 15 year old. Asshole.

Archived