WTF??? Djent???

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Each generation's rock/metal has to be "heavier" than the one proceeding it - keeps the parents upset, that way. It will be interesting to see what the next generation comes up with - I can't imagine the lower/gainy-er/more technical thing going much beyond where it is (perhaps bands with no guitars and multiple bass players?). Not knocking it at all, just not my thing. Hell, I gave up at Metallica/Pantera (and just turned 50...).

• Members

Tune to whatever you want. If you tune so low the strings have no tension, and it sounds like Lurch masturbating, don't come crying to me when people don't like it.

Touche ermghoti...touche. Although i do like some other weird tunings like Drop Bb. C standard with the low C dropped. Other people don't care for the lowness but it sounds good to me :lol:

• Members

Reminds me of those old "Kiss" t-shirts that read "If it's too loud, you're too old".

I think it's okay to these bands that you guys don't get it. I think a few of them might strive for it.

It's just sad seeing how many people get off on condescendingly bashing music. Narrow mindedness is always such a wonderful characteristic in musicians.

• Members

Reminds me of those old "Kiss" t-shirts that read "If it's too loud, you're too old".

I think it's okay to these bands that you guys don't get it. I think a few of them might strive for it.

It's just sad seeing how many people get off on condescendingly bashing music. Narrow mindedness is always such a wonderful characteristic in musicians.

are we all narrowminded because we don't like everything? or are you because we dont?

if the cookie monster was deaf, this is the kind of music he would probably make.

but to each their own.

• Members

yoko ono

that's all

just yoko ono

• Members

are we all narrowminded because we don't like everything? or are you because we dont?

if the cookie monster was deaf, this is the kind of music he would probably make.

but to each their own.

I'd rather listen to Periphery for eternity than The Arcade Fire. We all have our own tastes and sometimes you have to listen to music a few times to really get in to it. I certainly didn't like metal until I gave it a few listens. If you don't like it, cool, that's your decision...as you said "to each their own".

Archived