WTF??? Djent???

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whatever it means, based on that recommendation I won't be in the market for a BKP Painkiller any time soon!

I think most people don't realize where the name Painkiller is coming from: Judas Priest (i.e. 1990's brilliant album "Painkiller"). Hence, the high mid tones for this pup. I wouldn't nec associate it with that sort of playing, really.

If you did know that, please continue. :)

• Members

Touche ermghoti...touche. Although i do like some other weird tunings like Drop Bb. C standard with the low C dropped. Other people don't care for the lowness but it sounds good to me
:lol:

Heh. I should talk, I have a seven-string stashed away, I'm going to take a stab at drop A a la Van Epps the next time I try to figure the thing out. Never did really chuggedda with it though. If you aren't writing heavy riffs, they aren't getting heavier by downtuning, and if you are writing heavy riffs, they'll be heavy in standard or D or what-have-you. IMO/YMMV.

• Members

I find it interesting that when "pop" stars use a device like auto-tune they are basically ridiculed by other musicians . These "Djenty" bands rely on Noise gates the same way to cover up sloppy mistakes and polish turdz. Yet Im not hearing the same kind of hate associated with pop music??

• Members

I'd rather listen to Periphery for eternity than The Arcade Fire. We all have our own tastes and sometimes you have to listen to music a few times to really get in to it. I certainly didn't like metal until I gave it a few listens. If you don't like it, cool, that's your decision...as you said "to each their own".

the choice is yours ....

you can get with this...

pav1.jpg

..or you can get with that...

cookie_monster-eating-a-cookie.jpg

• Members

I've been listening to Cloudkicker and Dan Dankmeyer lately and I kinda like it, Cloudkicker especially. Keith Merrow is on deck and the little bit of his stuff I've heard I liked. I've been on an instrumental kick for the past few years so this stuff is relavent to my interests.

Archived