Somewhat OT but this is my internet home and its a sad day for me

nuke_diver

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man my heart goes out for you..I do not get along with most people but i have always loved animals for there Honesty, Loyalty and the essence of what Love truly is...
I have had to do the same thing twice in my life my first Dog was Brakes my constant companion..The Second was her son Bo who i had to put down last year..I still have not recovered from it and i'm not sure i ever will even now it is hard to hold back the tears...
I have always had a dream that when i die my dogs will be waiting for me underneath a tree in heaven..Because for me if i could not be reunited with my most loyal friends there could be no eternal happiness...

• Members

Everyone

Thank you for your kind words. It has been a sad 24hr. I didn't sleep very well since I couldn't stop thinking about her. Already a couple of times I walked through the house and glanced over to see her and of course she's not there :cry: just a habit.

My wife and I don't have kids so she was our baby. She was also a rescue was at the pound and just as we were going to adopt her they notice a bit of a hitch and checked her out finding she had hip dyplsia (no idea how to spell it). The vet there did not recommend we take her and when my wife asked what would happen if we didn't he wouldn't answer. I've got bad knees so I told my wife we'd just have 2 with bad wheels in the house. Both she and the shelter people were so thankful we took the chance. She ended up having hip surgury, knee surgury and 2 cancer surguries but never slowed her down or saw her whine in pain.

Ultimately it will probably be harder on my wife since she's home with Violet all day while I'm at work. But right now she says she cannot think of having another one knowning that this day will come a second time.

• Members
I bet this will change as the happiness and joy out weighs the sadness.

Nuke, I'm sure Violet would want you and your wife to give another dog a good home.
Don't think of getting another dog as replacing Violet but why you got her in the first place.:)

• Members

Nuke, I'm very sorry for your loss. I know what you're going through. Three years ago I lost my buddy Sam. He was with us almost 12 years. It was really tough & I still miss him. After he was gone I said I wasn't going to get another dog for a long time. Well, three months later we ended up getting a puppy from the local shelter. He's turned into another great friend & I'm really glad we got him.

• Members

Sorry for your loss.
Violet was very fortunate to have you.
Nice tune, too. God bless you.

Absolutely right. I've been through this myself many times and the only comfort is knowing that you'd given her the best home and life possible. Sadly, many animals are not so lucky.

Condolences and mojo to you man.

• Members

nuke_diver many here know how you feel losing a loved one and a family member which your pet was. I have been there and will have to go through the same pain again someday in the next few years,It never gets easier.. Anyway best wishes to you even though I don't know you in person.

• Members

so sad to read this, man. i don't even want to think about the day my les won't be with me anymore.

but 16 years is a good, long life for a puppy. cherish the memories with her and know she loved you and your family probably more than yall loved her. :) that's why dogs are so great.

• Members

Sorry too hear.
Mojo sent.
We just put our faithful dog Misty too sleep sadly. She's 15 and could no longer get up and walk. It was so bad that she wouldnt eat or drink unless you used a turkey baster and forced her.
So sad.

• Members

That killed me, man. I know exactly how it feels and you put tears in my eyes. Think of Violet at her best and find yourselves a nice pup in a month or two. The company and the work a puppy needs will do you both good.

This is lady. I grew up with her and she died in 2004. I held her paw while she drifted off.

21555_1355778453979_1216997774_31080300_

• Members

I just read this post and teared up. I know how heartbreaking it is to loose your baby like this. My wife and I would avoid going home after we put our girl Darcy to sleep. A few months later we got two more puppies and the world seemed right again....I heard once that God puts you on the earth to learn and to "get it right", dogs don't live very long because it doesn't take them long at all to get it right.

• Members

awwwwwwwwww, man. my eyes just filled with tears reading your story about Violet. so sorry to hear it.

listen, it's been several years since my beloved dogs died and just this past weekend I was walking through an airport and saw a picture of a dog that looked a lot like one of my favorite dogs. i stopped and stared at that photo for a minute and i swear i almost broke down in tears right then. there's a hole that never really truly leaves completely, y'know?

but it's ok, because in time you'll also have a huge pot of gold that you can get back to. you'll have all of the great memories of violet and tell stories about stuff you did together and all the fun stuff. you'll get there in time.

until then, hang in there. and know that there's a lot of us who know EXACTLY how much violet meant to you. peace.

Archived