The $64000 smart toilet...

Phait

• Members

Just saw this on the DIY Network channel...

Numi comes complete with a self-opening and closing lid so you never have to touch the toilet seat; a self-cleaning bidet with adjustable controls for temperature and water pressure; heating elements to keep your toes and tush toasty; an illuminated panel for nighttime rendezvous; a built-in speaker system that connects to a remote docking station to ensure only you know exactly what you're doing in there; and a deodorizing element that sucks air from the bowl through a charcoal filter. Of course, no connected appliance would be complete without a touchscreen, and the Numi's no exception; it has a touch panel remote that you can use to set to your specifications

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/16/kohlers-numi-6-400-high-tech-toilet-does-most-of-the-dirty-wor/

Some people's comments :lol:

"For that price it has to tell me whether or not I have enough fibre in my diet"

"I hope it gets good upload speeds"

"Flush cycle aborted.. OTA upgrade in progress"

• Members

:D

Believe it or not, I've used one of those. I don't know if was exactly this model, but it had the same features.

As a reward for doing good work for someone who was insanely rich some years ago, she let us stay at her beach house in Malibu for a weekend. A lovely house, it opened right up on to the beach, and was a smartly designed, well thought out house, very comfortable and attractive. And upstairs, it had one of these toilets. And, uh...it was a good experience. I actually have photos of the beach house, although not of the toilet: http://www.elevenshadows.com/travels/malibu2006/malibu01.htm

livingroominanadout0689.jpg

This beach house we stayed at was the beach house in the movie "Spanglish" with Adam Sandler.

lisaonstairs0560.jpg

"The present atmospheric conditions are clear and the surface temperature is warmer than the air," remarked Lisa as she gazed out at the horizon, "so we may be able to see the elusive Green Flash, caused by a refraction of light in the atmosphere, much like a prism, and enhanced by atmospheric inversions."

Can there be any doubt why I let this woman hang out with me?

beachviewood0769.jpg

Warm day in the '70s in Malibu. In December. Doesn't suck, does it?

Archived