I ordered this new (MOR) 60th Ann. Ltd Ed. Carbronita Tele today - Waddaya Think?

GAS Man

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Looks hot. I definitely would want to play one though to see how I would respond to the "no tone control". My Thinline has a TV Classic in the neck and I usually push the tone control up some on the treble end because it is a little too dark sounding if I don't. I might adjust it down sometime just to see if that changes the tone.

• Members

Looks hot. I definitely would want to play one though to see how I would respond to the "no tone control". My Thinline has a TV Classic in the neck and I usually push the tone control up some on the treble end because it is a little too dark sounding if I don't. I might adjust it down sometime just to see if that changes the tone.

Yeah, it's just a bit annoying that they'll do style over function. But I decided to "bless it and forgive it" and go with it. It will make a fashion statement with this in my collection but most likely I will wish it had a tone control. But if I get apoplectic enough about it, I could always have a mod done on it for a concentric knob control.

Interestingly enough though, on that link I posed above for the "LaCabronita" it did have a greasebucket control wired in.

• Members

I'm sure it's a very nice instrument, but in this Luddite's opinion it's just a Tele-shaped guitar containing nothing that makes a Telecaster a Telecaster-just as a Stratocaster with two humbuckers isn't really a Strat anymore. Sorry if this offends.

• Members

I'm sure it's a very nice instrument, but in this Luddite's opinion it's just a Tele-shaped guitar containing nothing that makes a Telecaster a Telecaster-just as a Stratocaster with two humbuckers isn't really a Strat anymore. Sorry if this offends.

No it doesn't offend. I'm just a bit of a gear whore so I've got some good examples already in my gitfiddle collection of what a Tele "should be" (like a Swamp Ash '52 RI), so I'm more into getting variations these days. Part of the draw for me on this Cabronita though is the styling of simplicity, light weight with a laquer (not poly) finish, and the TV Jones for some nice janglies from an HB guitar. But I'll have to see how it sounds when it arrives. The salesman I use at Sweetwater is a big Tele fan and he gave me the thumbs up on this model (he'd demo'd it). He knows I'm good for blowing money there on one item or another (and he had been pushing me towards Custom Shop pieces on my previous call) so I was asking him candidly if this one is close (in the ballpark) or if I should hold out. With his positive endorsement I thought I'd give it a whirl. So we shall see. And heck yeah, all comments welcomed. :thu:

• Members

thats whats cool about it. "real" teles are dime a dozen this one is different. I already have 4 real Teles.

• Members

I wonder if that will be a

Black Top Cabronita

Pawnshop Cabronita

or simply

Players' Cabronita.

;)

Could also be a
Squier Classic Vibe Cabronita
someday for half of that
:thu:

I'd be all over one of those. Would be a great match for this girl:

2010-10-10_11-28-14_981.jpg

• Members

Whew!

I was worried you were running out of guitars to play!

Hahahaha the little goat is cool
:)

Yeah, I'm a sick f@#k who needs to get kick f@#ked the next time I think I need a new git.

I need to start thinning out soon so I can get out from under the weight. I figure 10 more years possibly of productive work left in me and then I will be retiring, so less weight and less I owe will be the way to go. But in the interim, any contributions to help me find the cure for GAS are gladly accepted. :lol:

Thanks JJ :wave:

• Members

There's a guy in Florida that has a few listed on eBay at the moment... this one is particularly hot though I'd prefer it without the big pickup ring and with a more contoured pick guard.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TV-Jones-Pickup-Cabronita-Esquire-Tele-Telecaster-/220891296662?pt=Guitar&hash=item336e25b396

I don't care for his bridge choice either...:freak:

• Members

lol, well, considering there are already 100 trillion proper examples of a Tele, I think something out of the box isn't gonna hurt anyone. This whole unacceptance of anything that isn't by the rules Tele is strange to me. Isn't rock and roll supposed to be about breaking a rule or two?

• Members

lol, well, considering there are already 100 trillion proper examples of a Tele, I think something out of the box isn't gonna hurt anyone. This whole unacceptance of anything that isn't by the rules Tele is strange to me. Isn't rock and roll supposed to be about breaking a rule or two?

Of course, and I couldn't agree more, I guess I'm just old and stuck in my ways!

Archived