I ordered this new (MOR) 60th Ann. Ltd Ed. Carbronita Tele today - Waddaya Think?

GAS Man

• Members
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Found three more vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82eUKCFNF4M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drm_CvPu0Ao&feature=related

Very sexy guitar. Congrats.

Thanks.

It's interesting to me to hear how Tele-ish and "pink"-ey this guitar still sounds with HBs. Sounds like it will be cool with a bit of TS in front of it.

• Members

That shop is about an hour from me, its kind of my haunt when I have cash to spend. Might have to go down and play that myself haha.

It was that guys playing on a Fender Roadworn Telecaster Custom that pushed my GAS to surrender.

Cherylsgraduation012-1.jpg

• Members

First of all, I realized I mispelled the guitar's name in the original thread title :o

Cabronita

Of course you can't correct thread titles after you pass the fail safe time limit.

But the guitar arrived yesterday! It was red tagged to store it at normal room temp for 24 hrs prior to opening.

So after 19 hours or so I gave it a super quick peek to make sure it was in one piece and I got a big whiff of Gibson Nitro, but of course this is a Fender with Nitro. That's a first for me. The only other Fender I have with Nitro is the '52 RI and that was a floor model with all that sweet good smell long since dissipated.

So I plugged it in briefly tonight and I simply started off plugged into my lowly desk top Roland 20X, and I gotta tell you, this guitar sounds AMAZING. So much vibe and resonance, I'm loving it. And yet the TV Jones have a bit of a busy edginess to them which doesn't characterize them, but just adds to the complexity of their tone.

Get one while you can.

I see Sweetwater still has one 2TSB left (the black ones are gone), but if you're inclined and can swing it, grab one of these from somewhere. It's definitely Custom Shop quality at standard deluxe production pricing.

I'm in love. :love: I've bought a lot of guitars and I haven't had one strike me quite as "you done good with this purchase" as much as this guitar does. Despite the chunky MAP, it still qualifies as a big bang for the buck guitar.

• Members

I went a slightly different direction and I'm happy with the results. Still I think if the one that the OP bought would have been available a few months back, I would have jumped on it.

Mine is Warmoth with a TV Jones Powertron Plus which I LOVE!. He's a ballsy little bastard who thinks he's an SG Jr. or something. Frets are Gibson modern med. jumbo style. Pots are 500 K CTS; cap is Jensen paper in oil .022. I'm eventually going to put a 250 K in the tone position.

lacab1.jpg

lacab3.jpg

• Members

I went a slightly different direction and I'm happy with the results. Still I think if the one that the OP bought would have been available a few months back, I would have jumped on it.

Mine is Warmoth with a TV Jones Powertron Plus which I LOVE!. He's a ballsy little bastard who thinks he's an SG Jr. or something. Frets are Gibson modern med. jumbo style. Pots are 500 K CTS; cap is Jensen paper in oil .022. I'm eventually going to put a 250 K in the tone position.

Yeah, I paid attention to your threads on your Cabronita. I think they were GAS fueling for me. i think the route you took makes a lot of sense, but I usually limit myself to the most basic of set up work so putting one together would have turned into another "one of these days projects" for me. I hate to admit it, but I've yet to even pop my own cherry on a p'up replacement. I've usually just dropped them off at the tech's shop when they have to go under the iron. :o

Archived