I ordered this new (MOR) 60th Ann. Ltd Ed. Carbronita Tele today - Waddaya Think?

GAS Man

• Members

One more step towards the poor house, but I put it on their "next year" plan. ("Rationalizations are better than sex, think about it, have you ever gone a week without a rationalization?" Jeff Goldblum - The Big Chill)

"(MOR)" being "Middle of the Road" not an inexpensive knockoff, but not the Custom Shop version either, but it does have some upper end features like a nitro body finish and TV Jones Filtertrons.

Still no tone knob though. But my man Jeff says I won't miss it, sounds great as is.

This one weighs in at a mere 7 pounds 5 oz, so not bad for an alder Tele.

US11292394-front-l.jpg

US11292394-body-l.jpg

US11292394-detail1-l.jpg

US11292394-detail2-l.jpg

US11292394-detail3-l.jpg

US11292394-detail4-l.jpg

US11292394-detail6-l.jpg

US11292394-detail7-l.jpg

I'm told it is limited to 500.

They have another one left (they said they were only getting 4)

http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/electric/custom/sUS11291454/

It also comes in black if that's your thang. I prefer to see the wood.

US11200380-front-l.jpg

I know I lose points for this not being a pastel "Cabronita" color or Custom Shop, but I don't think Jeff would steer me wrong. I asked him if Fender was just trying to capitalize on the sudden Cabronita craze (?), and he said that it was love at first play with these guys, so we shall see.

Cabronita checkMarkSmall.gif

his particular Tele

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I played one of those at GC the other day. Very very nice. I agree, seeing the wood grain is beautiful. It'll never be a deluxe Poboynita 51 but it'll do in a pinch!

I was indeed inspired by your Po'Boynita. I think that's what pushed me over the edge. :idea:

I started thinking about ways to convert my no. 2 '51 to one as well. I figure when I get that done, I may be able to sell it off to frugalist to help pay for this MOR'Boynita. ;)

• Members

Love it!

I also love the Big Chill, watch it often, and regard it as one of the most quotable films of all time.

Thanks, and unfortunately, I quote that line many times in my ordinary life; and at least every time I succumb to GAS. ;)

• Members

nice! I'll stick with my cheap knockoff at 1/3 that price though...
:o

IMG_5216.jpg

That's cool. And I hope I didn't come off as diss'n anybodies' copies, cuz that wasn't intended. I meant to add in my OP, that had I the energy or any half way decent skills with putting together guitars, I'd have gone that way myself.

I think putting something together yourself, with something like a Warmoth bod, could be a more rewarding and possibly better result. I'm just stuck with being an "off the rack" kinda guy. Maybe someday when I retire and have more time and can recharge my batteries. Right now I'm just happy to get the salute on that odd morning here and there. ;)

• Members

I think it's gorgeous. I was all hot and bothered over Vintage Clubber's guitar so I put some TV Classics into a guitar I had sitting around that was close enough to a tele to make it work. I absolutely love it. I know it's not an exact LaCabronita, but it's close enough and if I didn't have it I'd be gassing all over one myself.

• Members

I think it's gorgeous. I was all hot and bothered over Vintage Clubber's guitar so I put some TV Classics into a guitar I had sitting around that was close enough to a tele to make it work. I absolutely love it. I know it's not an exact LaCabronita, but it's close enough and if I didn't have it I'd be gassing all over one myself.

Thanks! And mine won't be an "exact LaCabronita" either, but it's as close as I dare go.

Here's a link to the real deal http://www.guitarmagazine.co.uk/reviews/fender-la-cabronita-especial/

I just gave it a quick review myself to see what this guitar I just ordered, "on the day that will live in infamy" has or lacks compared to the "real deal".

I also ordered new glasses today :D

0511-1009-1818-0803.jpg

• Members

That's cool. And I hope I didn't come off as diss'n anybodies' copies, cuz that wasn't intended. I meant to add in my OP, that had I the energy or any half way decent skills with putting together guitars, I'd have gone that way myself.

I think putting something together yourself, with something like a Warmoth bod, could be a more rewarding and possibly better result. I'm just stuck with being an "off the rack" kinda guy. Maybe someday when I retire and have more time and can recharge my batteries. Right now I'm just happy to get the salute on that odd morning here and there.
;)

no offense taken or intended...;) I'm sure the one you are getting will be killer! :thu:

• Members

That looks killer!

I think with my tax return this year, I'm going to pay off a credit card, then with the left over funds, start a build I've been contemplating for a long time. I'm tore between an Esquire, Telemaster, or a La Cabronita (one pickup), and some various combos of the three.

Thanks for increasing my interest in the third choice haha.

Archived