What's the ONE SONG in the history of music....that you wish YOU would have written

Dr. Scottie C

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You forgot "Happy Birthday"

Not really. "Happy Birthday is sung by anyone without recourse for paying royalties (family events, friends at work, etc.) while the "Star Spangled Banner" is sung at sporting events that charge to attend which in turn would have to pay out royalties to use the song. Of coarse, this is all theoretical as either were written so long ago, we would be dead and be around to collect.

• Members

richard rogers classic

the drums kill in this version...mel taylor was a solid beast. I saw his son Leon play with The Ventures a few years ago, he looks just like his Dad. Interesting too he seemed to be the band leader.

[video=youtube;SFUguUwxDhY]

totally diferent yet cool take

[video=youtube;Jh04Ms5osvk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh04Ms5osvk&feature=related

• Members

Ain't no sunshine. Simple, Beautiful and redone BILLIONS of times. I just love that tune. Or sleep walk, Such a great soothing instrumental.

I play both of those at my gigs.

Both work well and get great response from a wide range of people.

Songs as great as those never die.

Another one is, "What a Wonderful World"

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Beethoven's fifth symphony. Because if I could write like that, then I would be a GOD, just like Beethoven. And if I was a GOD, just like Beethoven, then I would shoot lightningbolts out of my fingers and catch all your peasant asses on fire! For no other reason, other than because I CAN! Then all of you idiots would say, "damn, that Dave dude is awesome, but he sure is an asshole."

• Members

Beethoven's fifth symphony. Because if I could write like that, then I would be a GOD, just like Beethoven. And if I was a GOD, just like Beethoven, then I would shoot lightningbolts out of my fingers and catch all your peasant asses on fire! For no other reason, other than because I CAN! Then all of you idiots would say, "damn, that Dave dude is awesome, but he sure is an asshole."

Good point about God and Beethoven.

If there is a God, Beethoven's deafness would be one of the cruelest things ever manifested. Perhaps Beethoven, as you alluded to in your post, did think he was God and had to deal with the ensuing wrath.

• Members

I wish that I had written I Want To Know What Love Is. Because it seems to have a lot of staying power, you hear it on stations across the spectrum. It must have generated fortunes a-plenty by now. Also, it gets a lot of play on whatever music subscription/satellite radio the grocery stores use. It seems to have a nearly universal message. Plus, I still like it.

Archived