Man cave - post your guitar rooms

Acid Test

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am remodelling my basement to be my own man cave/studio/office. Doing it myself so its taking me forever since a) i'm a noob at remodelling, b) i haven't had much free time in the past year since my son was born and c) not as much home improvement budget - see 'b' LOL.

before:

409374026_a29d607a3a_b.jpg

the old stuff was crazy!

here's a rats nest of wiring and shitty plumbing job I found under the old drop ceiling and behind the wall panelling:

2328442878_a17802c478_b.jpg

I replaced plumbing with 3/4" and installed ball valves w/ a drain connection for the outside hose faucet and built a box around it for protection:

before:

427439840_94bd761e26_b.jpg

after:

2374605651_8d61ae48c9_b.jpg

This is pretty much where it stands today. the 1/2" pipe above has been moved (and changed to 3/4") so no worries of a pipe burst ruining drywall.

2339687780_5f35ca01bc_b.jpg

I have a corner by the stairs where my recording pc / equipment is

2375489834_af723bd261_b.jpg

• Members

This is pretty much where it stands today. the 1/2" pipe above has been moved (and changed to 3/4") so no worries of a pipe burst ruining drywall.

2339687780_5f35ca01bc_b.jpg

I have a corner by the stairs where my recording pc / equipment is

2375489834_af723bd261_b.jpg

I love seeing pics of this kind of stuff.

Malto, your place is gonna be awesome when it's done. I'm so jealous of all you northern people with basements!!!!!! I get a hot garage to jam in and ruin my gear......

Here's where I jam by myself.......

IMG00117-20090909-1559.jpg

And here with my band.....yes it's a garage, my Laundry/Workshop/Jam room.

inside003.jpg

• Members

I love seeing pics of this kind of stuff.

Malto, your place is gonna be awesome when it's done. I'm so jealous of all you northern people with basements!!!!!! I get a hot garage to jam in and ruin my gear......

i get the same. sweat my balls off while in practice. adds another layer of protection to the guitar with all the sweat thats on it. i really want a basement. it would be so cool.

• Members

Alright, I've put it everywhere else....might as well throw it in here. We're a family of 5 stuck in a 3BR townhouse, so room is at a premium. I have a basement, but it's about to become a room for my oldest son. I get a small corner of the master bedroom. I'm either going to break off a small part of the garage and have a closet to call my own, or I'm stuck waiting until he goes off to college.

img1413g.jpg

I've got a few more pics to hang above it, and a couple of posters to get. Not much, but I enjoy my time there.

• Members

Holy shit that's a lot of noise making power jammed in a little space! Hope you wear ear protection young man
:cop:

Believe it or not it could be ALOT louder. We dont crank our amps full tilt and the drummer (my husband) is very controlled and doesn't have to bash the drums Dave Grohl style to play great. But yes, I do have ear plugs on hand. Wish we had a bigger place to practice but we do not. :cry:

• Members

i don't understand why it's acceptable to have digs at people just because they've got a lot of gear... this is a 'show your guitar room' thread

if someone was have a go at someone for not having much they'd be shot down in flames (rightly so)

my music room looks like a bomb hit it... i'm moving to new digs in december where i'll have a kick ass space.... can't wait

• Members

Almost looks like a picture of you and Dick Dale on the top near your Tiki gear...

Close....it's me and Dave Wronski, the guitarist from Slacktone. Probably the best surf band in the business these days. The plastic card case laying in front of it is an autographed ticket stub and pick I got from DD many years ago. Saw Dick a couple of weeks ago, but didn't get a picture. I've added a few more pics since this one was taken......me with guys from surf bands I like.

Archived