Rush 2112 sucks ass

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is a great documentary on tv maybe vh1 on rush.

if this is the same one i recently saw on hbo then yes it is awesome. lots of big name icons talking about how they love and respect rush.

the best quote is at the very end:

Q: this will be your 24th album, where do you still find motivation??

alex lifeson: (no hesitation) the chicks :lol:

• Members

And I never understood the use of the word "ancient" in that song. I mean, we are only talking 100 years or so from now, or just a few more from the time it was written.

If guitars from the 70s and 80s can be called "vintage", "ancient" seems okay for guitars over 100 years old.

• Members

There is a great documentary on tv maybe vh1 on rush.

Its called Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage. It was playing at an independent theater here in Rochester when it came out, it was awesome to watch on the big screen.

For Rush fans, it has to be as great of piece of footage to watch as possible.

• Members

The strings and especially the tuning is what always got me.

Hell, I can't make it a month on a set of strings. And tuning? How the hell is anyone gonna figure out how to tune the damn thing without some information.

Yep, that little passage has always bugged me, too.

EG

• Members

... Rush said "screw it, we go out in a blaze of glory," went and wrote the OPPOSITE of what the company wanted with one whole side of the record being the 2112 Suite. It could hardly have been longer or more complex, it was outrageous as it was...

How cool would the album have been if it had the actual extra 42 minutes of the protagonist changing strings, tuning and learning to strum that chord progression?

That being said: I'm already planning a vacation day for February 1st ...

• Members

Is suck or ass ban hammerable?

I don't think so, even felch wouldn't realy warrant a ban, as I'm not breaking any of the HC rules that I can see?

Maybe you could point to where it says sucking ass is a bannable offence.

Just don't go "Santorum" instant ban & peeps may puke when they Google it...

• Members

Wow so funny that I dialled 2112 up on my iPod while I drove to work today. Go easy on the boys. If you watched the documentary, you'd know they were under tremendous pressure at that time plus they did their share of drugs too. In fact so did their target audience- probably the proper way to appreciate that which is 2112. :cop:

On a serious note I remember reading the Ayn Rand book (Anthem) that 2112 is based on and I recall something about the main character discovering 20th century artifacts in a cave or tunnel. Neil was just trying to capture that spirit.

• Members

Stay with me here.....now

Overture I got no problem with, Temples of Syrinx, shows them at their mighty best......now Discovery

"Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I

Found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in

My hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful..."

Ahem

This bit is about a guy who finds an "ancient miracle" which has "wires that vibrate and make music"

Now here's my problem, from the time he picks it up till he's knocking out some sweet riffs is about what.........20-30seconds.

Now call me Mr Picky, but those Priests at the Temple are guardians of their "Great Computers",
:wave:
so the fuckers DO have forums and machinery, so how does this fucker start playing something he doesn't even know about within 30 secs max without going on to the Syrinx.net and finding out what the fuck he's dealing with, how it should be set up....the strings man, change the fucking strings:facepalm:......and I don't see how any decent valve amp is gonna survive behind that waterfall, even if I do suspend belief and think that the pots are OK on that sucker, and he needs at least another two months on a forum to learn how to dial that Lifeson tone in:confused:

I'm sorry Geddy and Co, but you should have tried way harder than that:mad:

:lol:

Damn , dude if you start going through Progressive rock albums and picking their stories apart...well your going to have a lot of posts like this one! ;)

Archived