Rush 2112 sucks ass

• Moderators

Seems to be a sense of humour by-pass going on in this thread.

I could just about play the first 6 notes of the guitar part...

I think it's more amazing that the guitar is perfectly in tune as soon as he picks it up. Maybe it's a (near future) Gibson Firebird X acoustic with robot tuning.

I'm guessing that the previous owner had used Elixir's and stretched the string properly

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Has this thread really gone on for six pages without a significant number of people realizing that its whole premise is a joke? I can't tell if it makes it funnier or if it's just pathetic.
:lol:

As you can tell by many of the responses, most of the respondents did not read the original message. For the record, I'm leaning toward "pathetic" ...

• Members

I always figured the song was time elapsed. Like he doesnt literally pick it up and know how to play. If it were in real time the song wouold be 10 weeks long.

On the CD release about 23 seconds in there's an almost imperceptible burst of white noise which is 15 years of practice and jamming compressed into less than a millisecond. If you slow it down you can listen to his style develop.

• Members

On the CD release about 23 seconds in there's an almost imperceptible burst of white noise which is 15 years of practice and jamming compressed into less than a millisecond. If you slow it down you can listen to his style develop.

Yeah, but what does it say if you play it backwards?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Happy Rush Day everyone!

February 1st Named National Rush Day

1/31/2012 9:32 AM ET

(RTTNews) - February 1, 2012 has been named "National Rush Day" by a handful of hard rock radio stations. In honor of the band's legendary album Rush 2112, fans are encouraged to crank up the prog rock on 2/1/12 and pay homage to the seminal prog-metal album.

"Rush's 2112 is probably the first album that can rightfully be called progressive metal, so it's only appropriate we blast the album from the rooftops, from our cars, from our iPods, from everywhere, to celebrate this landmark album and Rush's incredible longevity and lasting influence," said Jeff Wagner, author of Mean Deviation: Four Decades of Progressive Heavy Metal, tells Gibson.com.

"We're only a hundred years away now until 2112," he adds. "I''l be waiting in my hypercube, ready for the big one!"

The tribute comes at a busy time for the band, who are prepping the release of their newest effort Clockwork

Archived