"OFFICIAL" Stratocaster Club!

GarysBlues

• Members

Nice Strats I wish I could take the Robin for a spin..........I always liked the Classic Player 60's. Me.......I been playing my 50th Anniversary the Most as of lately. Well that and the 52 Agile Tele I re-built. Back to Single Coils anyway. For a minute there I was getting deep into those Humbuckers.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Have to increase the Break Angle over the nut of the D and G. You can compensate for the String Tree this way. And a well filed nut is a very needed part of a Strat where a Trem is used.
Glad to see you guys found this thread. I was thinking about it lately. Some very cool Strats here and interesting Info.

• Members

Have to increase the Break Angle over the nut of the D and G. You can compensate for the String Tree this way. And a well filed nut is a very needed part of a Strat where a Trem is used.

Glad to see you guys found this thread. I was thinking about it lately. Some very cool Strats here and interesting Info.

How do you increase the break angle without a string tree exactly?

• Members

Make sure you wind your strings downward on the peg. I've never had any problems with only 1 string tree.

hmm maybe I need to change my stringing technique on my strat. I always do it this way - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1rhdxCECcl4

Doesnt allow for many wraps around the post, but I never have any tuning issues.. Should I just leave more slack to allow for more turns around the posts next time?

• Members

I've had four or five strats and strat clones, but my current Strat is the best guitar I've ever owned. It's a MIM Special Edition Strat with a flamed maple top on it. It also has American "Tex-Mex" overwound pups on it. The neck is vintage tinted, and it has a rosewood fretboard. Best playing guitar I've ever laid my hands on! By the way, it's also an '06 model, so it has the 60th anniv. badge on it.

DSCF1429-1.jpg

?action=view&current=DSCF1439.jpg

DSCF1434.jpg

FamilyPhoto.jpg

• Members

:thu:
Alot of nice looking Strats so far. I'll add my 2002 AmSe in Skyblue.

100_2471.jpg

not fair, not fair!:mad:

I so badly wanted one of those sky blue American strats, but I missed the boat. I remember MF was once doing a deal for $200 off the new price. I figured, I'll just save up a bit more.

ARGH! No longer available in that finish!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

(gorgeous strat!)

• Members
COOL STRATS.....................Like the Lipsticks in them....Great Look!

Thanks. They have a very different tone from the normal 6 pole pups.
The first one is a Rogers Strat loaded w/ Armstrong Lipsticks, the other
is loaded w/ real 60's Danelectros & has a May/64 Jazzmaster neck.

Here's a couple of additions since my original post.

02 American Series 57RI in Ocean Turquoise
av1.jpg.jpg

04 American Series Double Fat Strat
dblfatStrat02.jpg

57GT:)

Archived