"OFFICIAL" Stratocaster Club!

GarysBlues

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks guys:love:

The Luthier who set it up/mounted it (I don't trust myself drilling into things that nice) super {censored}ed up the setup/action on it. I raised the LSR up a bit with some home-made shims and lowered the action and it plays like a dream now:idea:

It's a Warmoth AAA Flame Maple with a compound radius, vintage tint finish, and the second largest frets they offer:o

Picture009.jpg

111806004.jpg

111806010.jpg

:wave:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Here's the latest edition to my Strat collection. This one is MIK. I bought it from a guy that was stationed in Korea for his Tour of Duty. I don't know much about these MIK Fenders. He was telling me, they're all over the place in Korea...... I really like its tone, resonance, and neck. Reminds me alot of a MIM Standard only it sounds better and has a better neck. And he wanted $150. with a small Epiphone Studio 10. How the hell can you beat that? may03_06.jpgmay03_03.jpgmay03_02.jpg

• Members

I just got a used Powerhouse Deluxe monday:

Strat001.jpg

Strat002.jpg

Its a 00'-01'.

This is my first strat and I love it. I've always stayed away from single coils because of the noise, but due to the dummy coil its whisper quiet.

The mid boost is awesome, and really slams the valve junior when cranked.

I love the neck on this thing, and the big ass frets are a real plus.

I've heard that Strats don't have great sustain, but this one sustains just as much as my SG. Its got one hell of a tight neck joint, and the bridge is bottomed out so thats probably why.

I got it for $325 shipped. I think I got a hell of a deal.

• Members

The Powerhouse are very well liked Strats. Another Strat thats a lot of Bang for the Buck! I been thinking about putting another neck on my Clapton. Just not playing it with the original. Great neck and extrodinary fret-work. But my hands are slightly big for it. A neck from a Classic Player 60 would be perfect.

• Members

Here's the two I have been using. The '80 Blazer has been modified highly, including the stringthru bridge, plek, earvana nut (don't really like the tone), JB jr in bridge, and modified switching. It plays and sounds sick.
The strat is a buddys guitar, but it is really mine because I refuse to return it! Thing is an awesome player. The pics came out a bit dark.
I dig hardtails.
starts2.jpg

starts1.jpg

Archived