"OFFICIAL" Stratocaster Club!

GarysBlues

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK - here's my favorite Strat (76 swamp ash) and amp (63 Tremolux) combination. That's an old Dimarzio SDS1 in the bridge position (the original pickup is in the case, along with the original "ash tray" bridge cover and the original saddles).

• Members

My first electric, which came from zzounds last week. I brought it to work today to play around with sans amp for quiet plinking. It could probably use some customization, but I think that's all a bit advanced for my needs to start off with.

Regardless, I really like the fit and finish (based off what very minimal guitar knowledge I have,) but it seems to be very quality. The knobs are kinda tacky-plastic, but that can obviously be upgraded.

strat.jpg

• Members

I'd show a bigger picture if I had one. I'll admit I'm to lazy to resize the original and re-upload it. She's a NAMM edition, Squire CSB Strat. I tried every Strat in the store that day, and that's the one that practically played itself. (It may also be worth noting that I also played about 40 LPs that day too, since I was actually GASing for one. However, the only one I liked was $2K, so it was eliminated by virtue of costing 10x the strat.)

I'm gonna shield her and do some guitarnuts stuff to her; I am leaning towards the Strat lover's mods. I'll also be swapping out the nut for a Tusq unit. Aside from an expectable amount of hum, she plays like a dream.

9c35bcaa.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The white one is an All Parts Strat. Sounds pretty damn good actually. Better than any MIM Fender I've ever heard and it feels like a dream. It actually feels like a replica of the red one which is my #1. That one is a '81 Tokai body, an All Parts neck (best neck I've ever played), Fender Custom Shop '54 pups and misc hardware....I have a Trem Nut and a Wilkinson vintage trem coming this week for it

Guitars1.jpg

Archived