"OFFICIAL" Stratocaster Club!

GarysBlues

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Here's the latest edition to my Strat collection. This one is MIK. I bought it from a guy that was stationed in Korea for his Tour of Duty. I don't know much about these MIK Fenders. He was telling me, they're all over the place in Korea...... I really like its tone, resonance, and neck. Reminds me alot of a MIM Standard only it sounds better and has a better neck. And he wanted $150. with a small Epiphone Studio 10. How the hell can you beat that?
may03_06.jpgmay03_03.jpgmay03_02.jpg

This is Lake Placid Blue right??

• Members

Selling my Clapton guys. [NO-SPAM] Actually by the time this is even read it will more than likely be gone. It already has a buyer, price, downpayment etc etc etc. So no, I'm not at all trying to use HC to make a sale nor do I ever do that. And I'm sure ALL will agree to that!......................ANYWAY THE EC! While I hand-picked and really like this guitar. It just is not ME! I can't BOND with it. And its TOO-BAD really............................I just cannot get use to the Soft V with the Vintage Frets.................When I picked the guitar out, I didn't think this would be a issue. And I'll tell you why......... I had a MIM Standard at the time with Vintage Frets [2004]. So I assumed the Crossover would be a No-Brainer. Just not so. The MIM Standard frets are actually bigger. Well the proper way to put this would be..............The EC fretwork is VERY EXTENSIVE. So a lot more of the fret is taken off as a result...................Aside from that I like BIG NECKS. My FIRST CALL on a Strat go's to my SRV. Thats about as big of a neck as you can go. Also BIG frets for a Strat........... thought about changing necks cause I DO like the versatality and TONE of the EC. I really dug how well this particular EC was QC'd. Just a {censored}ing Flawless put together Strat. I mean the First time I picked it up and played it ....ACOUSTICALLY.....I was impressed. Then I plugged into a MARSHALL and took it through the pace's!............. I bought it that day......... Really a NICE Strat. And the GUY buying it is gonna LOVE-IT! {censored}....I love it, So changing the neck was a possibility.......But it STILL wouldn't be my NUMBER-1 Strat. I would still pick up my SRV and my 50th Anniversary FIRST. So my question to me ...was.....why pull apart TWO Original Strats. [i was thinking of my Classic-Player -60 neck] The CP-60 neck is flawless, GREAT ACTION and Fret-Work. And the neck has M-J frets and a 12 radius....just like my SRV. So I would be going from what I like to the same. Anyway instead of all that! I decided to sell![Why pull TWO totally original Strat apart?] .............................. I learned a LOT from the EC. I pulled it apart to change Pick-Guards and had a chance to take a good look at it. I am gonna also do a few things different. SCN pick-ups for one. And of course the EC BOOST but from Jay at Guitarfetish MOST-LIKELY! There are a LOT of things I liked about the EC and will MIMIC. Bu I TRUELY believe the SCN pups would be better with the mid Boost. I could be wrong and its yet to be heard by me. And MAYBE FENDER already tried it? I don't know. While I like the Vintage Noiseless with the Boost and also the Lace Sensors. I see no reason why the SCN's wouldn't do the same. I am gonna give it a shot! So a new EC is already being thought out by me!!!!!!!!!!Sorry I'm Long Winded guys! Though its NOT my # Strat..and..It..doesn't get played. I hate to let it go cause I know what a great Strat it is. I have NEVER felt this way about a guitar I sold or was about to sell? WTF?

• Members

BTW Yes that is Lake Placid Blue. That is SOLD also to s fellow in Rhode Island. He really digs the Strat. For a MIK...it has GREAT action and fret-work. Anmd the Single-Coils on it though VERY similiar to a MIM Standard {Ceramic blah, blah blah} they sounded much better. Probly are Cort pups which are common in Korea. ..............Those were the SECRET to the PRO-TONE Serie's Squier's. I had a Fat Tele, Pro-Tone. The ONLY think I found spectacular were the tone of the pups. The neck humbucker might have been one of the better Alnico PAF style pups I have heard. Though a cheap pick-up, that MANY players pulled immediatly[Debrah Coleman]! It did have GREAT Tone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My "strat like" Dean SS One:

img1596smallsd5.jpg

My "kinda strat like" Schecter C-1 Elite. It will soon (parts are ordered) be undergoing a change to chrome hardware and new, more aggressive, uncovered pickups.
img1592smallkm1.jpg

And my newest addition; A Candy Cola American Strat:

img1600smallkf6.jpg

img1599smallrm7.jpg

• Members

Good grief, how did I miss this thread???? I didn't have pictures of my Strats until a couple of days ago, anyway....

electric_guitar_family1.jpg

From left to right: Jimmie Vaughan sig, CIJ 62 reissue, G&L Legacy Standard(OK, it's not a Strat, but it's close), American Series Standard, and two MIM 70s reissues.

Roger

• Members

Look guys........................I didn't open this thread with extreme limits to posting here. I said from the Start.....SX....Fender....SUHR! ALL-GOOD! As for SUPERSTRATS? Fine too! Personally I do not think Schecter Classic's are Strats. But they do share a Strat style body. So if you dig your Schecter or RG or RGX Yamaha 320 - 520 whatever...........thats COOL! No Big Deal! This ain't the Fender Forum! So go ahead if you get the urge!!!!POST

• Members
Look guys........................I didn't open this thread with extreme limits to posting here. I said from the Start.....SX....Fender....SUHR! ALL-GOOD! As for SUPERSTRATS? Fine too! Personally I do not think Schecter Classic's are Strats. But they do share a Strat style body. So if you dig your Schecter or RG or RGX Yamaha 320 - 520 whatever...........thats COOL! No Big Deal! This ain't the Fender Forum! So go ahead if you get the urge!!!!POST

Yeah, I know my Dean and Schecter are a stretch as far as being strats, but I did post my american also. :D
It's new, so I don't have it dialed in yet. I'm thinking about getting it plecked. I keep hearing good things about the process....

• Members
Can't get more OFFICIAL than that! Nice Strat man!!

What color is that?

Thanks, I have a thread about what Strat it is, but I'm not really sure about the color...
Some guy said it's blue-stained, or gray something.

You can search for it over my topics in my profile maybe, maybe you'll even find it :rolleyes:

Love strats!

• Members

for some reason I prefer Mex Strats to Americans... no idea what that is

I've got two Strats (bothe Mex Standards, of course). one is just black with a rosewood fretboard, the other is white with a maple fretboard and upgraded Texas Special pickups... nothing amazing, but they sound great.

IMG_0547.jpg
black_strat_114_1493_50pct.jpg

• Members

Here are the Strats I have in my inventory. First up is a USA 70s reissue, bought new last summer. Very sweet - it's my main guitar. The second is a gnarly old Squier II Strat that I slapped some sort of Seymour Duncan double coil into, in an effort to kill off the hum of a badly grounded electrical system in an apartment I used to live in. The Squier is actually pretty good, bought new in 1990 for $180. It's now used exclusively as a midi controller.

DSCN1110.jpg

DSCN0551.jpg

Archived