"OFFICIAL" Stratocaster Club!

GarysBlues

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is the first guitar I bought as a result of hanging out on this forum. A '90s MIJ Fotoflame Strat. I fell in love with Mazi Bee's after seeing his photos & found this on Ebay. Sadly, it hasn't received as much love as I would have expected. It's not a bad guitar; it just has too much competition. I'm considering installing some GFS Tri-Sonics when they become available to see if I can rekindle the flame, so to speak.

P1010591.jpg

WOW! Love the wine colored fotoflame. I'm all new to electric guitars and had originally looked at a MIM HSS Strat in Midnight Wine / Rosewood Fretboard. Absolutely loved the color. Then I decided to invest quite a bit more and go with a Sunburst American Deluxe HSS. I'm pretty set on the HSS over the SSS setup, but the colors are limited to 4. Wish the deluxe came in the midnight wine or, even better, wine with the flametop pattern. Should be making my purchase in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait!

• Members
for some reason I prefer Mex Strats to Americans... no idea what that is

I've got two Strats (bothe Mex Standards, of course). one is just black with a rosewood fretboard, the other is white with a maple fretboard and upgraded Texas Special pickups... nothing amazing, but they sound great.

IMG_0547.jpg

this guitar is set up exactly like mine. i think it sounds great

• Members

A few years ago, I tried a few Strats at the local music store, and the 2003 American Series in Butterscotch Blonde stood out in tone and feel above the others. I was prepared to buy anything; American, Mexican, Canadian, Botswanan. Anyway, I adore it. Perfect counter-point to the 335.
strat335.jpg

• Members

Just picked this one up last night....Standard HSS.

strat1.jpg

Had a '93 American Standard that I sold about a year and a half ago - didn't think I'd miss it since I'm mainly a Les Paul guy - I was wrong. Gotta have a Strat available...

• Members
I can't remember if I posted here before and there's too many pages to go through, but just in case, here's my membership card;

strat52e.jpg

Planning to add a white strat with maple board to the "family" sometime this year.

Is that a Squier Series from Japan or Mexico? The all-black logo looks exactly like the one on my MIJ Strat except it's missing the Squier Series logo on the ball-end.

• Members
ElectricGuitar1.jpg

Schecter Omen-6. I love it. Incredibly smooth neck. The only problem I have with it (besides that it has a tendancy to go out of tune...but I like to slam on my guitar and get feedback...maybe thats a reason) is that the humbuckers are dull. The bridge pup feels way to trebly for me at times (sounds good for the noise grunge {censored} I do) while the neck pup feels incredibly bassy...almost like a baritone.

• Members
RobinStrat3.jpg

1994 Robin Revival. Only had it about a month, but it has taken over as the #1 guitar for now. I love the pickups (Rio Grande Big Bottom Strat set) and it plays like butter and stays in tune really well. The only problem is that I really love all five switch positions tonally and it's hard to figure out where to put it when I am playing. First Strat I've ever owned that sounded great in all five spots. This has reignited my love for Strats on a whole new level...

Archived