"OFFICIAL" Stratocaster Club!

GarysBlues

• Members

I think we need to get this going here. Where we can talk about basically JUST STRATs! Regardless of what kind you own. Be it a SUHR, a original 54, or SX? Really don't matter. But theres alot of interest in this direction and probly always will be. So what do ya think. BTW I own many which I have posted photo's of many time's But at the present time my SRV has moved in to the NUMBERO UNO slot. Don't think it gonna be leaving any time soon either. After that is pretty much a Toss-Up with my 50th Anniversary, Clapton, and Classic Player 60. Anyway here's my BABY. And she is BADD...jan30_06.jpg

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm pulling the SRV PG this week. I ordered another Solid Black Fender from MF. I did the same thing on my last SRV that was stolen. BTW when I bought my last SRV Strat I started fooling with playing without a pick. Anyway since then I hardly ever use a pick now. But I say that to say this....The Texas Specials without a pick? Really sound NICE! Talk about RAW, EDGY and Bluesey? They fit the bill very nice without a Pick. I really dig my 50th Anniversary also, and it would SERIOUSLY be pushing for the number ONE spot if it wasn't for the neck. The necks on the 50th Annerversarys were/are a little on the thin side. Well they are a Modern-C. I'm just SO-USE to playing Fat Fender necks that they really seem Thin to ME! But Tone wise the Strat really rocks. Love the 54's with the Blender 500K Pot for the neck/bridge pups.

• Members

I have 3 strats. Right now I'm (still) waiting for my bridge-position Mean 90 to put in the Maple Strat:

102_2723.jpg

I'm going to roll the fretboard edges of this guitar when I get the Mean 90 in, and then it'll be a nice niche guitar.

Then there's my blue strat, I love it. The GFS Vintage Boutique pickups are some of the best strat pickups I've ever heard. I truly love it. Right now though it's tuned to a 1/2 step down. So it's my SRV guitar.

100_0656.jpg

And I can't say enough good things about DUCKBUCKERS. Quack attack!

Interestingly, I'm having a luthier make me a Charcoal Frost Metallic Select Alder body in Nitro for this guitar. After I get that in, I might just tune this up to standard and have it be my number one for a while.

But my number one is, believe it or not, the cheap Peavey Predator!

102_2718.jpg

The Vintage Noiseless pickups combined with the howling Predator bridge pickup is a great combination, plus the thicker neck is so playable. I'm really in love with this guitar. I was playing it hard the other day and I noticed that my arm was scraping on the chunk of missing wood . . . ouch. I guess if I ignored it I'd have a nice relic spot in about 10 years. Nah. I'll get some sandpaper out for that spot.

That's my strats . . . I love them.

• Members

Currently 3 Strats here, A California series "fat" Strat which is cool, because it's pretty much vintage spec (trem, tuners,saddles) but with the 'bucker in the bridge...it's got a bit of a vintage modified vibe going on.

Japanese candy apple red Strat...this is my pretty one, and lastly my Frankenstrat, which is a MONSTER of a guitar...it's history is patchy, I think it's an old Squier neck on an unknown body, I dont know what the middle and neck pickups are but they sound killer. It's got a Duncan Lil '59 in the bridge with a coil tap, and it is just so versatile, from clean clean to thrash metal, it can handle it all.

In fact I'm a little worried, as I use it so much, and stuff is wearing out...it needs a new nut (currently "fixed" with superglue) and has some ominous fret wear here and there, but it is one of the few guitars I have that I worry might not fell the same if bits are changed. I might have to trust my friend to replace 1 or 2 frets on it.

Calistrat1.jpg

redstrat.jpg

bitsastratmain.jpg

• Members

Love the topic idea!

No pics of my baby just yet, but I'll sort some out this Friday when I get a new amp ;) and borrow one off a mate.

Was thinking of ways I could eventually upgrade my Strat but decided I liked everything about it so I'm now dreaming about buying a new Strat instead :D

- Ged

• Members

I'm not really a Strat guy but everyone should have a Strat of some type, other guitars don't sound like 'em.

I previously had a MIM Fender, but sold it to a kid at my church both in order to raise some funds for another purchase and to insure that his first electric was something decent. I was Stratless for a few months and then replaced the Fender with a Peavey USA Predator, which suits my needs fine, and only cost one Benjamin:

188512407_8a37548044.jpg

• Members

I'm fairly new to the whole Strat thing. My older brother has a really nice '74 blond ash Strat, Maple neck, Maple FB. For years it was my only exposure to Strats. And I just never liked that one, other than the look. Too brittle. When I took the guitar duties back in my country band I decided to get something that could twang a bit better than my PRS, Stambaugh or Gibs. Went with a 60th Anniv MiM. Liked it, but wasn't totally sold.

Then I got my 60th MiA!! And I'm in baby, I'm in!!! I absolutely LOVE that guitar. The scale length really fits my aging hands. And tonal pallet is just amazing! I did put a Dirty Harry P90 in the bridge, just to get close to deeper OD tones. But I play that pup quite a bit without any OD or Dist. Really digging the sounds. And matched up with the Lonestar on the Tweed side, it really sings!! No pics. Looks just like any sunburst Strat.

• Members

I'm in. I have a costant struggle between Strats and Teles. I never know which one I prefer. I call it a tie.

My #1 for years

DCP_0609.jpg

My H1. I really dig this guitar. I have since put Parchment colored covers and knobs/switch tip on it

H12.jpg

• Members

Like BK I'm not really a Strat guy myself. I have one because sometimes it's just the right thing to play and when you need it there's no substitute. It's funny, in some rooms we play the Strat sounds fantastic and on those occasions it's beautiful thing. Then I've played in some rooms where they just plain don't cut it except maybe for rhythm.

An LP OTOH always seem to work anywhere, anyhow. Go figure? :idk:

th_DSCN1635.jpg th_DSCN1638.jpg th_DSCN1623.jpg th_DSCN1636.jpg th_DSCN1628.jpg th_DSCN1629.jpg th_DSCN1631.jpg th_DSCN1641.jpg

• Members

OK, here are my three.

Squier Crimson Trans Fat HH Strat. I think I'll make this my VG guitar & install my Roland GK-2a pup on it. I have a Roland VG-8 that I haven't used for a while & I'm beginning to miss it.

SqStrat1.jpg

Here is my former VG guitar, an '80s MIJ Strat. I pulled the GK-2a, pickguard & pups & installed a GFS pickguard w/lipsticks. It now looks & sounds a lot better.

P1000073.jpg

This is the first guitar I bought as a result of hanging out on this forum. A '90s MIJ Fotoflame Strat. I fell in love with Mazi Bee's after seeing his photos & found this on Ebay. Sadly, it hasn't received as much love as I would have expected. It's not a bad guitar; it just has too much competition. I'm considering installing some GFS Tri-Sonics when they become available to see if I can rekindle the flame, so to speak.

P1010591.jpg

• Members

Here is my former VG guitar, an '80s MIJ Strat. I pulled the GK-2a, pickguard & pups & installed a GFS pickguard w/lipsticks. It now looks & sounds a lot better.

P1000073.jpg

looks great! how do those lipsticks sound? do they actually sound like real lipstick p/ups or more like regular Strat p/ups?

• Members

I'm in too. I have a '98 American Standard Natural Ash strat with a rosewood fretboard. It's my personal "holy grail" guitar so I'm really not GASing for another. Not that I could afford one anyway.

For amplification, I bought a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe along with it which is a good size for my purposes - playing in church. The only effect I'm using with it is a Bad Monkey tube overdrive pedal which I'm enjoying immensely. I'm getting a nice blues tone out of it now! :cool:

• Members

looks great! how do those lipsticks sound? do they actually sound like real lipstick p/ups or more like regular Strat p/ups?

I don't have a real lipstick guitar to compare it to. It still sounds like a Strat, but maybe a different flavor of Strat, if that makes sense. Maybe a bit more chime than before.

• Members

I've got two Warmoths:

BothWarmoths1.jpg

And an older USA Peavey Predator that I picked up a week or so back for $75:

Predator2.jpg

PredHead1.jpg

As you can see, the bushing on the G string was missing when I bought it. Luckily, I have a few old sets of tuners in my stash. Nothing fancy...not even name brand, but they are sealed tuners and they work well. I put them on the Predator yesterday. I had to ream the holes out since the original holes were tiny, and I had to drill some small alignment holes in the back of the headstock for the allignment pins, but all in all it took me about 1/2 hour and the guitar is now fit for duty. In fact, I used it to record a track for Coverfest yesterday. :thu:

Archived