February 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

deanmass

• Members

Fender Mustang II - $159.99 - jr.com

http://www.jr.com/fender/pe/FEN_2300020000/

The page lists the price as $199.99 (the same as everywhere else), but also says "call for our latest price!". I called em up this afternoon and was floored when the sales rep came back with $159.99. Free shipping too - mine will be here on Friday! I have no idea why the price is so low, but I did confirm that it is new-in-box, and NOT a refurb/return/second.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn. Thanks, Hudman. I'll pit the Aqua Puss against the Carbon Copy I've got on the way from an earlier Amazon deal. Both have return policies, so that's good
:)

The Way Huge is supposed to be the better of the two. I own both but haven't A/B'd them yet. I've only had a little time with the WH. I bought 3 last Christmas, 1 each for the boyz and I had to get one for myself too. So far I've just had the demo time with the one I bought for my stepson. But that was indeed a good price. I think I got my 3 for $120-something each. One reason I've left the Carbon copy hooked up is I do like its smaller size. Well, maybe A/B'ing them should be my project for tonight. ;)

• Members

The Way Huge is supposed to be the better of the two. I own both but haven't A/B'd them yet. I've only had a little time with the WH. I bought 3 last Christmas, 1 each for the boyz and I had to get one for myself too. So far I've just had the demo time with the one I bought for my stepson. But that was indeed a good price. I think I got my 3 for $120-something each. One reason I've left the Carbon copy hooked up is I do like its smaller size. Well, maybe A/B'ing them should be my project for tonight.
;)

Sounds great - let us know what you think. :cool:

• Members

I got the 15 off pop-up using one account but not the other. The other has the next123 10 off still in the cart. Don't want to try the next123 in the one with the 15off because it knocked the 20 off wintersale out when I entered it last week. My 123 carts do not show the codes anymore so I can't delete them and get the beter discount if they won't stack.

• Members

Not sure if this is a deal...but today, i got clued in on how to buy used gear from guitar center online. You copy the item number, then, bounce back to the main page, and paste that item into your cart. This might be old news to some, but it was NEW news to me. I lost 2 deals this week that I would have nabbed had I know this...one was a EH Ravish pedal for $124 !!

• Members

Not sure if this is a deal...but today, i got clued in on how to buy used gear from guitar center online. You copy the item number, then, bounce back to the main page, and paste that item into your cart. This might be old news to some, but it was NEW news to me. I lost 2 deals this week that I would have nabbed had I know this...
one was a EH Ravish pedal for $124 !
!

Now that is a stupidly great deal!!:eek:

• Members

Left the 123 website to have dinner. Just logged back in to discover the 15 off is gone from my cart. That's $1047 they just screwed themselves out of.

$5 says if you call them and explained what just happened they'll give you the 15%. but, you know, that'd involve work and it's more fun to just bitch on the forums like a little {censored} {censored}.

• Members

$5 says if you call them and explained what just happened they'll give you the 15%. but, you know, that'd involve work and it's more fun to just bitch on the forums like a little {censored} {censored}.

My thoughts exactly. Whole lot of 'first world issues' that could be solved by picking up a damn phone.

• Members

Not sure if this is a deal...but today, i got clued in on how to buy used gear from guitar center online. You copy the item number, then, bounce back to the main page, and paste that item into your cart. This might be old news to some, but it was NEW news to me. I lost 2 deals this week that I would have nabbed had I know this...one was a EH Ravish pedal for $124 !!

How are you pasting the number in your cart?

• Members

I was the one who originally posted up the 20% off acc + 15% off total deal from Music123. I ordered a 7 guitar stand roadrunner case for a total of $67.99 (down from $99.99 with coupons). The case that came was obviously used:

1. Hardware wouldn't close right when the case was shut.

2. There were little holes on the sides from staple marks.

3. No extra packaging in the box, the case was bouncing around in a plastic bag that only fit over most of it.

4. There were light scratches on the edges on the hardware.

5. Most tell-tale, right before I shipped it back I noticed the tag had been cut off and tied back on.

After all of this they only issue me a $48 refund when it was their fault for sending me an obviously used case as new.

I don't think they'll ever get my business again no matter how low the prices.

** Side note, I ended up ordering a 6 stand guitar flight case from Guitarfetish. I was on the fence for a bit since shipping from GFS is a little on the high side. The order was $130 total including shipping. The case from GFS arrived in flawless condition, very well packed. Now that I have it at $130 (including the shipping, $100 w/o) it is still a steal. It's not a $500+ case but it's as good a quality and lots of times better than any multi stand I've seen under $300 and comparable to those $300-$500.

• Members

After all of this they only issue me a $48 refund when it was their fault for sending me an obviously used case as new.

Why did they only refund $48? Why would you only accept a partial refund in the first place?

Any time I have had an issue with an item, they have paid return shipping and refunded 100% of the price. How did they justify charging you $20 for something that was their fault?

• Members

Why did they only refund $48? Why would you only accept a partial refund in the first place?

Any time I have had an issue with an item, they have paid return shipping and refunded 100% of the price. How did they justify charging you $20 for something that was their fault?

IDK why. I just received an email the other day saying my return had arrived. I checked the link this morning and noticed I was only credited $48. I've emailed customer service but if I don't get a reply in a day that is satisfactory I am definitely going to call.

Archived