February 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

deanmass

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Paste it in the search window.

I tried that. Said item couldn't be found or.

"We're sorry, but the product that you are searching for is sold out at this time, or is no longer available. For more information please contact customer service."

• Members

I tried that. Said item couldn't be found or.

"We're sorry, but the product that you are searching for is sold out at this time, or is no longer available. For more information please contact customer service."

Maybe that

• Members

I was the one who originally posted up the 20% off acc + 15% off total deal from Music123. I ordered a 7 guitar stand roadrunner case for a total of $67.99 (down from $99.99 with coupons). The case that came was
obviously used
:

Yep, I had the same thing happen to me. Every damn thing I ordered looked like it had been used and put through the ringer. I'm contemplating sending some things back as well. I know pretty much everyone has been successful in getting return shipping paid for. Regardless, I won't be using them again. I don't know why you didn't get a full refund. It sounds like they may have hit you with a restocking fee or something. I'd probably call.

• Members

Got shot down twice today (M123 & MF) calling in trying to get a further discount on a used item. It seems that their policies are getting tighter, it must be a good sign the economy is improving. The irony is I could get a better deal on the new and discounted item than the non-discounted used, so who is going to buy all of that used gear now? I guess I'll wait until an officially sanctioned used gear sale comes along.

• Members

Yep, I had the same thing happen to me. Every damn thing I ordered looked like it had been used and put through the ringer. I'm contemplating sending some things back as well. I know pretty much everyone has been successful in getting return shipping paid for. Regardless, I won't be using them again. I don't know why you didn't get a full refund. It sounds like they may have hit you with a restocking fee or something. I'd probably call.

I ordered a half dozen guitar cases during that time period, all but one arrived in new pristine condition. The one that was no good looked like the picker in the warehouse grabbed it the wrong way and tore out one of the latches. My replacement case arrived even before I had sent the other one back using their pre-paid label. Spotty customer service is not going to win them any new fans when there is such a difference between random customers.

• Members

It seems that their policies are getting tighter, it must be a good sign the economy is improving.

Sorry, but you could not be more wrong.

They are probably having their bottom line torn away in the dismal economy of today, that is why they are trying to stop these money losing glitches.:idea:

And if you think the economy is on anything but a greased slide to the abiss...you are delusional.:wave:

• Members

I think the used stuff gets knabbed quickly. There some things I tried that were out fo inventor already, even though the web site showed them. There seems to be lag between what is posted and what is already gone. The guy at GC also said some people have rss feeds that show 'just arrived' items....Have not sorted that one out, but, I need that like a hole in the head anyway. I'd be mainlining used gear and living in my car in a week.

You can find the RSS feeds on Guitar Center's used gear page. For instance, here is the RSS feed for their used guitars: http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedGear/usedListings_rss_cat_37.xml

• Members

Sorry, but you could not be more wrong.

They are probably having their bottom line torn away in the dismal economy of today, that is why they are trying to stop these money losing glitches.
:idea:

And if you think the economy is on anything but a greased slide to the abiss...you are delusional.
:wave:

Couple of other theories-- they realized we're in an economic downturn, adjusted their inventory ordering accordingly and have less to blow out. If they were still ordering stock like they did in 2007 they would be complete idiots.

(conspiracy alert-- hope this catches on and spreads): This is pure, ignorant speculation, but I wonder if they can write off a certain amount of losses due to technological or inventorying problems or have insurance against these kinds of losses and actually know what they're doing

• Members

Got shot down twice today (M123 & MF) calling in trying to get a further discount on a used item. It seems that their policies are getting tighter, it must be a good sign the economy is improving. The irony is I could get a better deal on the new and discounted item than the non-discounted used, so who is going to buy all of that used gear now? I guess I'll wait until an officially sanctioned used gear sale comes along.

That is really strange because I've been told by someone higher up the food chain at MF/m123 that coupon codes should apply to ALL used items, regardless of brand exclusions since the brand exclusions are there to cover their ass on MAP pricing, which does not apply to used items. The fact that it doesn't work this way on the website is supposedly incorrect, but given their web developer's technical expertise, hardly a surprise.

• Members

Couple of other theories-- they realized we're in an economic downturn, adjusted their inventory ordering accordingly and have less to blow out. If they were still ordering stock like they did in 2007 they would be complete idiots.

(conspiracy alert-- hope this catches on and spreads): This is pure, ignorant speculation, but I wonder if they can write off a certain amount of losses due to technological or inventorying problems or have insurance against these kinds of losses and actually know what they're doing

I guess you can insure anything....but, I have never heard of stupid business practise insurance???? Not to say it doesn't exist.

• Members

That is really strange because I've been told by someone higher up the food chain at MF/m123 that coupon codes should apply to ALL used items, regardless of brand exclusions since the brand exclusions are there to cover their ass on MAP pricing, which does not apply to used items. The fact that it doesn't work this way on the website is supposedly incorrect, but given their web developer's technical expertise, hardly a surprise.

I think they had a RASH of people calling in whining that their recent offers were not stacking.......this has resulted in the "supervisors" being summoned numerous times on the issue...this results in their bosses dropping some bombs and telling everyone to tighten the ship up.......I am quite willing to bet that sales are not booming....and they in fact are hurting.

• Members

In my case they were happily writing up the discount on an excluded brand and then they gave me the total which was only about $30 less than used price. When I pointed this out, they both had the same surprise that I was asking about a used item. The item number I gave was definitely different than the new one, so it seems this is the m.o. In the first case she did ask the manager if they could apply any discount to the used item, the answer was no. Everyone was really nice on the phone, but they just wouldn't negotiate on the price for used merchandise. In my mind, if you are desperate for sales, you cut a deal; if your business is booming, you don't need to.

• Members

In my case they were happily writing up the discount on an excluded brand and then they gave me the total which was only about $30 less than used price. When I pointed this out, they both had the same surprise that I was asking about a used item. The item number I gave was definitely different than the new one, so it seems this is the m.o. In the first case she did ask the manager if they could apply any discount to the used item, the answer was no. Everyone was really nice on the phone, but they just wouldn't negotiate on the price for used merchandise. In my mind, if you are desperate for sales, you cut a deal; if your business is booming, you don't need to.

That is my experience as well...was looking at a level 4 used blackstar ht-60 that looked as if it fell from a shelf in the warehouse.....cabinet was broke-up pretty bad and it obviously didn't power up.....BUT, they still wanted quite good $ for it...I called to see if they would come down a bit as I figured the board was most likely toast....NOPE. So that and the fact that you cannot return level 4....they kept it!

• Members

Stacking is still possible somewhere... I stacked 3 things today somehow and got 2 10ft angled circuit breaker cables and a dozen tortex picks for $23.

I dont have money but i could'nt pass up the deal. Keep on trying things. last time i showed everyone how, people got upset. But deal fforum boysneed to know that you can stil get 20%/15%/13% stacked thats 1,2,3, discounts stacked :)

this is my 3rd time this month doing this on one account. keep playing with the discounts.

• Members

Sorry to interrupt the coupon stacking frenzy... today is apparently the last day of this 75% sale.

SALEBANNER.png

http://www.trueguitarist.com/february-2012-75-off-all-products-at-trueguitarist-com/

http://www.trueguitarist.com/products-page/

Code is: FEB12

The "Contemporary Blues Soloing" package for $5 is a pretty darn good deal. If you're looking to get beyond the pentatonic boxes, this is a very fast moving ebook and set of tracks with decent examples.

Archived