February 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

deanmass

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Then I must have imagined all of these posts from the thread over the course of the month. Luckily the Music123 lurkers can't see these
:rolleyes:

My bad. I guess just because there was some confusion about how to get them to work, they must not have been working. All I know is that they worked for me, but you did have to jump through some hoops to get them to work multiple times.

Doesn't matter now, it is all over until the next glitch comes along. Only a matter of time...

• Members

For all the deal noobs on this thread....M123, Musicians Friend, GC....are all the same call center, all the same employees taking your order...all the same inventory (except GC can ship store items). They are not going to price match against each other. If you do happen to get a price match, it's because they are still making money on it. They just sit around laughing at these threads...

If you find an amazingly good deal that sounds too good to be true, never call, email, or inquire about it....just buy it

• Members

For all the deal noobs on this thread....M123, Musicians Friend, GC....are all the same call center, all the same employees taking your order...all the same inventory (except GC can ship store items). They are not going to price match against each other. If you do happen to get a price match, it's because they are still making money on it. They just sit around laughing at these threads...

I've price matched Music123 against Musicians Friend countless times. Even though they are the same company, they will price match themselves. Actually, I've never had a price match denied when I submitted one to M123 based on a price I found at MF. The only times they've denied a price match is when I've tried to get them to price match from another retailer. So, I'm afraid you're incorrect in that respect.

When MF had the double cut Les Paul's on sale as the Stupid Deal of the Day for $999 and they were still $1499 or $1599 at M123, I sent them a price match request and they responded almost immediately with a match plus 10% of the difference. :idk:

• Members

If you find an amazingly good deal that sounds too good to be true, never call, email, or inquire about it....just buy it

DEAD WRONG YOU ARE

• Members

I've price matched Music123 against Musicians Friend countless times. Even though they are the same company, they will price match themselves. Actually, I've never had a price match denied when I submitted one to M123 based on a price I found at MF. The only times they've denied a price match is when I've tried to get them to price match from another retailer. So, I'm afraid you're incorrect in that respect.

When MF had the double cut Les Paul's on sale as the Stupid Deal of the Day for $999 and they were still $1499 or $1599 at M123, I sent them a price match request and they responded almost immediately with a match plus 10% of the difference.
:idk:

They do that to make the average buyer think they are different retailers. They are all the same company, just targeting different buyers. They are still making money, and you can call and negotiate anytime without a price match if you talk to the right salesperson.

And FYI, some people on that $999 deal, called MF and got an additional 15% off as usual. Yep, they got it for $850. If you know what you're doing, you can get the absolute bottom line.

• Members
They do that to make the average buyer think they are different retailers. They are all the same company, just targeting different buyers. They are still making money, and you can call and negotiate anytime without a price match if you talk to the right salesperson.

We know that noob. Now STFU. :mad:

• Members

And FYI, some people on that $999 deal, called MF and got an additional 15% off as usual. Yep, they got it for $850. If you know what you're doing, you can get the absolute bottom line.

You're not really telling anyone here anything new. We all know they're the same company and they have all three websites/names to make people think they're different retailers. We all know they're still making money when they price match against themselves. We all know that you can generally call and get them to give you a discount on just about anything. You're not as far ahead of the game as you like to think you are. But if it makes you feel better, you can keep telling yourself you're smarter than everyone else here.

• Members

You're not really telling anyone here anything new. We all know they're the same company and they have all three websites/names to make people think they're different retailers. We all know they're still making money when they price match against themselves. We all know that you can generally call and get them to give you a discount on just about anything. You're not as far ahead of the game as you like to think you are. But if it makes you feel better, you can keep telling yourself you're smarter than everyone else here.

I know many here do already know this, but I've seen alot of M123 gripes lately, price match whatever and it started to make me think that many here do not know how to get the deal. In addition, too much discussion here has blown many coupon opportunities.

Bottom line, 15% off anytime, any guitar, amp, anything, is always possible. Even if it is already discounted. Not trying to cause any issues here.

• Members

Mole?

Oddly I got this today on a quote they had already given me 110% last week and I've already bought and recieved...

"Dear Musician,

Unfortunately we are not able to beat this price since this is one of sister companys all we can do is match thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.

We appreciate you choosing Music123.

We are dedicated to your satisfaction with this and every purchase from us.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns, or if you are not completely satisfied with the service you have received from us today. We appreciate your feedback.

Have a great day!

http://www.music123.com/

888-566-6123

"

• Members

Bsguitars, we all know M123, MF and GC are the same companies. We also have known for months that The Music123 price guarantee is fraudulent. But once in a while even M123 will give a very good pricematch. Implying the forumnites in this thread are ignorant about deals and the way the conglomerates operate is... well, it's just ignorant. We all understand the system. If we see a price we like we spend OUR money to buy the item. If we think it is a good deal we post it. That's how this forum works. It isn't that complicated.

• Members

I stacked the codes 2 times in the last 2 weeks, no complaints here, I have enough strings to last the next 10 years.

They wouldn't price match on the Gibson BFG for me, but I got a couple other guitars instead from their sister company.

• Members

Here's one......Gibson LP Special P90's $636 at MF calling in on that 15% coupon, they are new

Did you actually call them and get a them to honor the coupon or are you assuming that they will if someone calls? I have tried this several times on the MM with no success.

• Members

Here's one......Gibson LP Special P90's $636 at MF calling in on that 15% coupon, they are new

15% off of regular price isn't much of a deal. As you've pointed out already, that is something you can get on just about any purchase just by asking...

• Members

I guess the double stack at M123 was caught on too, I knew I should have just spent the money. Oh weel, maybe next time.

Yeah, this was a good one, especially at the beginning where you could use it on mint condition used stuff. Don't worry though, it is only a matter of time until the next one comes along.

Archived