March 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Members

Use the "PROMUSIC" code at checkout for 15% off!

You know what's funny? I used the PROMUSIC discount code a few days ago and forgot to mention it.

$84 for a set of Fender Texas Special pickups is a great deal.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Recording made easy discount at Guitar Center:

Get 15% off purchase of a single software, interface, recorder or studio furniture item up to $500* at Guitar Center!

Enter the code "RME15" into your online shopping cart at checkout.

• Members
  • Members

Got the standard BS excuse from M123 on the Paul Allender PRS SE:

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Sam Ash only has the purple burst color advertised at this price, a color which we doe not carry. Unfortunately I am only able to match prices for the exact same product. I apologize for any inconvenience.

We appreciate you choosing Music 123. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns, or if you are not completely satisfied with the service you have received from us today. We appreciate your feedback.

Purple looks better than the red anyways.

• Members

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Sam Ash only has the purple burst color advertised at this price, a color which we doe not carry. Unfortunately I am only able to match prices for the exact same product. I apologize for any inconvenience.

We appreciate you choosing Music 123. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns, or if you are not completely satisfied with the service you have received from us today. We appreciate your feedback.

Don't confuse them actually enforcing their policy with their standard BS excuses. Every now and then they do actually refuse a price match for legitimate reasons that are stated in their policy.

• Members

I think the Purple one is an older model. The current version is only available in red and green according to PRS website. The original one was only available in purple.

• Members

oh ok I was thinking they purposely removed the purple one from their stock so they wouldn't have to match the price. Older model or not I think the purple one is the better color of any of them. Is there anyone still selling the purple one that matches prices? Sam Ash charges me sales tax in Florida.

• Members

Washburn XMPRO2USDPB Set Neck With USA Seymour Duncans $329 Shipped

http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/Washburn-XMPRO2USDPB-Set-Neck-Electric-Guitar-Pearl-Black.html
_1329903320.jpg
List is $939, their normal is $599.99
This random indian website has it for $689 or so (thats my rough conversion from their Rupees)
http://www.saptaswara.in/product-details/western-instruments/xmpro2usd/3/1777

• Members

The Music Go Round in Orland Park, IL has an Epiphone SG-400 in the cherry red color. Some minor bumps and bruises, missing the rear cover plate, but nothing serious, and sounds good-$125. Would have picked it up, but just flat out don't have room for another guitar.

• Members

Kurt Cobain Mustang is gone.

Browsing HelloMusic... not much to browse there! Just click on the "Gear", "Vintage", or "Accessories" tabs, or any of the pix or ads, and it'll take you to whatever's currently available. Never much of a selection, but occasionally there's a pretty good deal to be had, if you're quick about pulling the trigger.

• Members

Kurt Cobain Mustang is gone.

Browsing HelloMusic... not much to browse there! Just click on the "Gear", "Vintage", or "Accessories" tabs, or any of the pix or ads, and it'll take you to whatever's currently available. Never much of a selection, but occasionally there's a pretty good deal to be had, if you're quick about pulling the trigger.

The Cobain in red is in the secret store. Don't know if people will get upset about links being posted here, they post the links to the secret store on their Facebook page though in case you need it and so I don't make them stop doing it :)

As far as their site goes, while I was reporting a bug with their iPhone app I took the opportunity to ask about getting those special pix/ad portions on the iPhone app as well as what I thought might be a touch better organization of the site and they were pretty cool about suggestions. I know they don't need to build a site for ME but I figured I'm not the only one that thinks it is a bit of a pain sometimes and the disparity between the iPhone app and the site can be inconvenient when mobile and I want to drop $$ :)

• Members

and it changes daily!
:freak:

And today apparently the guitars are changing HOURLY! Currently it looks like it is the Clapton Strat in Torino Red and will change in about 40 min. Don't know what it was beforehand, probably the Cobain in Fiesta Red that was mentioned and now relegated to the secret store.

• Members

which coupon are you using? the $100 off code doesnt work anymore right?

Yes, that's right, the $100 off coupon is gone. I'm talking about the coupon you get for being a new customer. If you haven't ordered from them before, click on the "Special Offer" ad at the top of their home page and it should pull up a coupon for $25-30 off. If you've ordered before, you can log in as a new user and get the same (haven't done this myself, yet, but others here have).

First I've heard of a "special store" - what is it, and how does one find it if one is not a FaceBook-er?

Archived