March 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Members

I can not speak for the cab, but the head is awesome for the money! Kustom is one of those brands that is never excluded in the coupon deals - so when the stacking was prime I was able to get two heads for a stereo rig. You can not go wrong for $105 w/ cab.

This is one deal I'm very sorry to have missed. The Kustom Contender is my all-time favorite small amp, and I have been considering this Kustom head/cab configuration for a very long time. 105.00 shipped is, to me, the deal of the year. Congratulations to those who were able to take advantage of the deal.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I have been thinking lately that Hello Music should be called Goodbye Money
:)
Has anyone received the little Jet stack yet?

No, I've managed to resist that particular deal, but here's one that's giving me trouble:

GONE. Hope somebody here got in on it!

ESP XJ-6I (MIJ trans-blue Jaguar-like bolt-on) for $677 shipped w/$30 off code from hellomusic.com

http://www.hellomusic.com/ec/DealMain.aspx?did=13648

Not a lot of info about this guitar on the web, at least from quick checks, but an offset MIJ ESP w/Duncan miniHBs at $677 sounds damned sweet to me.

Description says rosewood fretboard, photo shows maple.

Going fast. I'd leap at it except that I've already go a really similar guitar that I love and couldn't part with. Still...

Jump on it folks, and save me from myself!

• Members

Has anyone received the little Jet stack yet

If you are talking about the Jet City PicoValve / 12XS Mini-Stack

I ordered mine on Feb 9, and it shipped on Feb 13.

Actually been way too busy with work travel to even take it out of the box yet.

• Members

Not a lot of info about this guitar on the web, at least from quick checks, but an offset MIJ ESP w/Duncan miniHBs at $677 sounds damned sweet to me.

Description says rosewood fretboard, photo shows maple.

Going fast. I'd leap at it except that I've already go a really similar guitar that I love and couldn't part with. Still...

Jump on it folks, and save me from myself!

Woah, it was trans blue with maple; now it's trans red with rosewood! ESP's site doesn't show them as a recent model - the only info I can find on them is that they were apparently made in the early 2000s, and some guy's been trying to sell a few NOS models on eBay for $1200-1400 for some time. I wonder if it's not him blowing out his stock through HM?

• Members

Has anyone received the little Jet stack yet

Gear at Hello Music can get back ordered and delayed, but a friendly email reminder from you to Hello Music once a week typically gets attention.

• Members

Woah, it was trans blue with maple; now it's trans red with rosewood! ESP's site doesn't show them as a recent model - the only info I can find on them is that they were apparently made in the early 2000s, and some guy's been trying to sell a few NOS models on eBay for $1200-1400 for some time. I wonder if it's not him blowing out his stock through HM?

Probably it is Studio Gears, affiliated with AudioMidi. I bought the gold top version on BF from them for the same price as the HM deal. If you buy one, it fits in the Gator case made for a Jag. Very nice offset axe for the dough.

• Members

Gear at Hello Music can get back ordered and delayed, but a friendly email reminder from you to Hello Music once a week typically gets attention.

I am/was a 1st time buyer with them and snagged a Tascam DR-40 recorder for 119.00 shipped,I got it in a week.

Its a sweet recorder for the $$$. So happy with them here.

• Members

AH! I was not actually ripping on them...I have had a few problems with them...I was more joking...they have so much cool stuff for sale it is hard to NOT buy. They are always nice when I contact them. The only thing I cancelled was an Epiphone I ordered that was supposed to have shipped, then was 'lost' for 2 weeks. I actually bought one of the Akai Wind Controller yesterday. At $200 less than average retail, it's no lose for me. I have wanted to try one, and this one has the built in synth, MIDI out AND audio out.

In other news, while not musical, I found this chair today at Staples. While a chair might seem like a silly thing, this one has FLIP UP ARMS. For folks who are at computers with their guitars, a flip up arm is a cool thing and I have not seen one this cheap, ever. $99 and they were $79 last Sunday. I was betting a bunch of you play at your PC or record sitting in a something with arms, which can be a PITA.

• Members

Snagged a trans green ESP XJ. After my order they showed sold out. Hope it goes through. Really wish I got home early enough to snag the maple board version. Not a fan of rosewood but a sweet deal anyway. Thanks for heads up.

Keep refreshing the HM gear page, now it's the purple one. Maybe they'll go through all of 'em. That blue w/ maple was sweet.420822_10150734406052329_281927667328_11

See this link for all colors http://www.studiogears.com/esp_guitars_and_basses_26.htm and http://www.studiogears.com/esp_guitars_and_basses_25.htm

ESP XJ-6 Japanese Custom Shop Electric Guitar in See Thru Blue

Here is your opportunity to own a brand new extremely rare guitar! The ESP XJ-6 was manufactured in ESP Japan's custom shop. ESP Japan only distributed these XJ-6 in the Japanese market for a limited time and have been out of production since 2003.

ESP USA has brought these guitars overseas to their North Hollywood facility either for marketing research or for shows, and these guitars have been long forgotten in their stock until now. ESP Japan has agreed to allow these particular XJ-6's to be sold in the US market for the first (and probably last!) time and are extremely rare to find; these could possibly be the last remaining unplayed mint-condition XJ-6's left in the world.

These guitars were sold in Japan at 196,000 Yen in 2003 (about 2352USD), here is your chance to own one at about half of that cost. Order yours today before it is sold out!

If you're looking for your next electric guitar or you're a collector, consider the XJ-6 to be a serious contender for your affection.

Set-Neck

Body: Alder or Ash

Neck: Hard Maple 3P

Fingerboard: Rosewood or Maple , 22frets

Scale: 25.5 inch (648mm)

Nute (width): Bone (43mm)

Inlay: Dot, ESP at 12th fret

Join: Bolt-on

Bridge: GOTOH GTC-12

Pick ups: Seymour Duncan

Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, Toggle PU Selector, PU Variation Switch

• Members
Keep refreshing the HM gear page, now it's the purple one. Maybe they'll go through all of 'em. That blue w/ maple was sweet.
420822_10150734406052329_281927667328_11

See this link for all colors
http://www.studiogears.com/esp_guitars_and_basses_26.htm
and
http://www.studiogears.com/esp_guitars_and_basses_25.htm

ESP XJ-6 Japanese Custom Shop Electric Guitar in See Thru Blue

Here is your opportunity to own a brand new extremely rare guitar! The ESP XJ-6 was manufactured in ESP Japan's custom shop. ESP Japan only distributed these XJ-6 in the Japanese market for a limited time and have been out of production since 2003.

ESP USA has brought these guitars overseas to their North Hollywood facility either for marketing research or for shows, and these guitars have been long forgotten in their stock until now. ESP Japan has agreed to allow these particular XJ-6's to be sold in the US market for the first (and probably last!) time and are extremely rare to find; these could possibly be the last remaining unplayed mint-condition XJ-6's left in the world.

These guitars were sold in Japan at 196,000 Yen in 2003 (about 2352USD), here is your chance to own one at about half of that cost. Order yours today before it is sold out!

If you're looking for your next electric guitar or you're a collector, consider the XJ-6 to be a serious contender for your affection.

Set-Neck

Body: Alder or Ash

Neck: Hard Maple 3P

Fingerboard: Rosewood or Maple , 22frets

Scale: 25.5 inch (648mm)

Nute (width): Bone (43mm)

Inlay: Dot, ESP at 12th fret

Join: Bolt-on

Bridge: GOTOH GTC-12

Pick ups: Seymour Duncan

Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, Toggle PU Selector, PU Variation Switch

(And thank god it was sold out by the time I checked in...I like living indoors.)

• Members

OMG. Just ordered the purple ESP. Looks like the last of them, too. I am so weak.

My plan is to pretend that somebody stole my credit card but accidentally shipped the guitar to my address, otherwise I'm looking at instant castration by butcher's knife compliments of my ever-suffering wife.

What have I done? Instant buyer's remorse.

But it's got to be a killer axe, and I have big, messy sweet spots for purple, offsets, and miniHBs (and P90s, if it comes to that), so I'll probably be swept off of my feet by it, so I'd better start putting together a bullet-proof story.

If it all goes south I suppose I can re-sell at cost ($735, due to ~$60 in tax - that nearly stopped me...), or close to it.

Anyway, for those on the fence, seems worth refreshing the hellomusic.com homepage throughout the day, maybe another version of this guitar on the way?

• Members

Just canceled my order for a trans-purple ESP XJ-6I, if you're interested in that guitar keep your eyes on hellomusic.com, could pop up there soon.

Incidentally, my wife was totally cool with it - she's a champ! - and I'm certain that it's a totally kick-ass axe. But realistically, I shouldn't be sinking that kind of money into another "work of stringed art" (very nice!) at this juncture. Both of our jobs are a little touch-and-go right now, and if one disappears... So it hurt to make the call, but it had to be done.

Hopefully somebody else here will land it if/when it pops up again.

• Members

I can not speak for the cab, but the head is awesome for the money! Kustom is one of those brands that is never excluded in the coupon deals - so when the stacking was prime I was able to get two heads for a stereo rig. You can not go wrong for $105 w/ cab.

My Defender mini stack shipped. So far I've ordered two items from Hello Music, and both have shipped in a day or two. YMMV

Archived