Peavey Classic 30 1x12 Yea or Nay?

wanderoo222

• Members

I play mostly rock and blues. I play an Epi les paul loaded with set lovers and a Gibson SG STD with stock 490/498. Playing thur a Bugera v22 which is a very underated amp IMO. I've owned a Tweaker, Vox ac15 (miss it), vox vt30. All nice amps. I'm just looking around again. What's ur opinion of the Peavey Cl 30?

• Members

I owned one for quite a few years. The amp is a workhorse. I found that it does most tones very very good. Metal it doesn't do. 30 watts is plenty of power if you have to gig with it. Real spring reverb, pedal for channel changing. I replaced the original speaker right after I got it. I only sold mine because I don't gig anymore and had to thin the pack too. Lot's of good used ones out there.

• Members

I owned one for quite a few years. The amp is a workhorse. I found that it does most tones very very good. Metal it doesn't do. 30 watts is plenty of power if you have to gig with it. Real spring reverb, pedal for channel changing. I replaced the original speaker right after I got it. I only sold mine because I don't gig anymore and had to thin the pack too. Lot's of good used ones out there.

Which speaker did U go to?

• Members

I play mostly rock and blues. I play an Epi les paul loaded with set lovers and a Gibson SG STD with stock 490/498. Playing thur a Bugera v22 which is a very underated amp IMO. I've owned a Tweaker, Vox ac15 (miss it), vox vt30. All nice amps. I'm just looking around again. What's ur opinion of the Peavey Cl 30?

Recently, I was deliberating between the Peavey C30, Tweaker and V22 myself. I went with the V22 for price and am very happy. What I am not crazy about with the V22 is its overdrive, but I use pedals and it takes them well and as you probably know, has really nice rich cleans (very quiet amp too). The peavey is better for dirt without pedals I find as it has a more pronounced midrange. Like someone mentioned, it works well with humbuckers. I never was able to try the tweaker live so I can't comment other than the many reviews I read.

• Members

How heavy can the amp get? I guess heavy is a poor term since I'm not referring to the bRootlaz. Can it do Stone Temple Pilots type "heavy?" I'm very interested in getting one of these amps too, but I play a lot of hard rock, emphasis on the HARD part of rocking.

• Members

I would say "meh" rather than yea or nay. It's a workhorse for sure. There are certainly better amps out there, but it's a good one at the price. I've played the V22 briefly and really didn't like it, C30 is much better IMO

• Members

Just do it...they rock. If you can find the original matching 1 x12 and 4 x 10, all the better. The cabs really fatten it up.

IMAG0525.jpg

I do this except with a 115e cab on bottom. Sounds sweet. Looks great too.

• Members

Just do it...they rock. If you can find the original matching 1 x12 and 4 x 10, all the better. The cabs really fatten it up.

IMAG0525.jpg

How do you like the Buckers in the Roundhouse? I have the P90 version and love it.

Archived