Bill Nash fixes the Jazzmaster

Help!I'maRock!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just want to say I {censored}ing hate Nash's maple neck relicing. It looks so god damed awful, IMO....His body relicing looks pretty good, IMO, though most of his heavy relicing is over-the-top (again, IMO). Here's some of his neck relicing on ebay at the moment:

DSCN2257.JPG

GGT28%20005.jpg

GGT27%20005.jpg

GGT23%20005.jpg

• Members

I don't get why people hate on Nash's guitars for being "partscasters" - my guess would be that most of them haven't played one before. I'm not the biggest fan of his relic work, and I don't think his stuff is the "best of the best", but all the Nash guitars I have played have been better playing and sounding instruments than comparably priced AVRI Fenders, so who cares what they're made of?

• Members

So the guy slapped on a $20 Wilkinson bridge. I have one on my Mustang, too. Can I sell mine for $2000 now?

Oh, wait, I didn't install a Buzz Stop. What are they, like $25 now?

And a replacement pickguard for your strat to move the volume knob can be bought for $15 bucks sunshine.

• Members

Well I will probably get blasted for this (dont really care) but I think Nash is spot on most of what he said and it is exactly how I feel about my JM.

I have never played or even seen a Nash guitar in person so I dont really know how they build them but that blog post seems a little over the top.

• Members

i kno ima get laffed off 4 this but..

win or fail...and why?

thx!!!:thu::love:

Features

Vintage Modified series

Jazzmaster body shape

Alder body

Polyester finish

Maple neck

25-1/2" scale

C-shaped neck profile

9.5" radius

21 medium jumbo frets

Duncan Designed

• Members

If I were to "fix" a jazzmaster, here's what I would do:

1). Fix the neck pocket angle. I'm not talking about the Classic Player models here. I'm talking about the original design as witnessed on the AVRI models. No bolt on neck should require shimming from the factory!

2). Use a compound radius neck or at minumum a 9.5" radius neck. All 7 1/4" radius necks belong in a bond fire!

3). Use medium jumbo frets and toss the whole idea of vintage sized frets into the Hellfire pit forever.

4). Incorporate a Mustang styled bridge where each saddles is height adjustable just like the Warmoth Modified Mustang bridge. I think the Mastery bridges are a bunch of overpriced corksniffing hooey.

5). Forever eliminate 2 and 3 tone sunburst from the color pallet. Jazzmasters should be painted in '60s pastels with an occasional "new" color thrown in every once and a while.

wmb1c.jpg

• Members

If I were to "fix" a jazzmaster, here's what I would do:

1). Fix the neck pocket angle. I'm not talking about the Classic Player models here. I'm talking about the original design as witnessed on the AVRI models. No bolt on neck should require shimming from the factory!

2). Use a compound radius neck or at minumum a 9.5" radius neck. All 7 1/4" radius necks belong in a bond fire!

3). Use medium jumbo frets and toss the whole idea of vintage sized frets into the Hellfire pit forever.

4). Incorporate a Mustang styled bridge where each saddles is height adjustable just like the Warmoth Modified Mustang bridge. I think the Mastery bridges are a bunch of overpriced corksniffing hooey.

5). Forever eliminate 2 and 3 tone sunburst from the color pallet. Jazzmasters should be painted in '60s pastels with an occasional "new" color thrown in every once and a while.

wmb1c.jpg

Eliminate two tone bursts, yeah.

But target burst is the {censored}.

min02.jpg

• Members

i kno ima get laffed off 4 this but..

win or fail...and why?

thx!!!:thu::love:

Features

Vintage Modified series

Jazzmaster body shape

Alder body

Polyester finish

Maple neck

25-1/2" scale

C-shaped neck profile

9.5" radius

21 medium jumbo frets

Duncan Designed

• Members

I'm not a hater, but there's something about one guitar company (or person) using the guitar designs of another guitar company that is distasteful to me.

Competition is good. It provides us players with options to potentially get a better instrument at a given price point, and also forces Fender to step up their game to compete with other makers of similar instruments. Plus, this guitar is filling a niche that Fender doesn't by offering an off-the shelf modernized Jazzmaster.

• Members

Competition is good. It provides us players with options to potentially get a better instrument at a given price point, and also forces Fender to step up their game to compete with other makers of similar instruments. Plus, this guitar is filling a niche that Fender doesn't by offering an off-the shelf modernized Jazzmaster.

Step up their game? Nash's work might live up to Squier's standards, on his best day. That's being generous, though.

• Members

Django was the first person I had to add to my "Ignore List" (click on his user name to the left of the post, then "Profile", then Add to Ignore List). He was funny the first 5 times in appropriately funny threads. But a lot less funny the next 1,000,000 times. Sometimes I just want to discuss guitars and gear, not wade through BS.

Unfortunately I'll still see his quoted stuff as everyone else chomps at the bait.

I'm sorry that divergent opinions make your blood boil.

Have a joyous lunch!

• Members

Divergent opinions are fine.

Yeah, please.

There's an entire thread trashing offsets and people all jumping in, and they're the first ones to get butthurt when their beloved Strats are shown to have faults.

NO IT'S NOT A FAULT THAT MY PINKY KEEPS JAMMING INTO THE VOLUME POT BUT I HAVE AN EXTRA STIFF VOLUME POT SO IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE VOLUME BUT A JAZZMASTER'S BODY IS SO UNBALANCED IT IS {censored} BUT WAIT, MY JAZZ BASS WITH PRETTY MUCH THE SAME OFFSET WAIST IS FINE.

^ That's a Stratter's logic.

Archived