Bill Nash fixes the Jazzmaster

Help!I'maRock!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who hasn't heard of the Henry? Obviously ohm measurement is a convenient shorthand.

Nash clearly is an unskilled relicker, using cheap parts and ideas he read on the internet to "improve" a guitar that doesn't so much need improvement as a builder who will use quality parts and not take shortcuts.

Time for you to PTFA (pay attention). I can set up a JM and have it play quite well. And yes it's easier with heavier strings. Many people don't want them as is, doesn't matter how well set up they are. Whoever this Nash guy is, he's addressing concerns many players have with JM's. You like 'em, thats fine. I'm in the majority of those who do not. I like the shape. My next build will prolly be a JM body with a 24.75" scale, P90's and a wrap bridge. You'll prolly say it ain't a JM configured that way. And I don't give a flyin' {censored}. And I'll say it again. Coming on here spouting {censored} about others who aren't 'like you' is a sign of inferiority and stupidity. You're probably also a one dimentional player. Many major name players don't play JM's for a good reason. They feel like I do. In stock form, they're pieces of junque.

• Members

Time for you to PTFA (pay attention). I can set up a JM and have it play quite well. And yes it's easier with heavier strings. Many people don't want them as is, doesn't matter how well set up they are. Whoever this Nash guy is, he's addressing concerns many players have with JM's. You like 'em, thats fine. I'm in the majority of those who do not. I like the shape. My next build will prolly be a JM body with a 24.75" scale, P90's and a wrap bridge. You'll prolly say it ain't a JM configured that way. And I don't give a flyin' {censored}. And I'll say it again. Coming on here spouting {censored} about others who aren't 'like you' is a sign of inferiority and stupidity. You're probably also a one dimentional player. Many major name players don't play JM's for a good reason. They feel like I do. In stock form, they're pieces of junque.

TL/DR

• Members

It's cool building guitars. If you want to save time, and don't mind the added cost, you might want to look into a Fender Toronado (I had a 1999 Toronado at one time - it was a nice guitar). They used to make some of them with P90s.

• Members

who cares what "major name players" play?

And that's the point. Django thinks he's somehow superior due to his love of offsets. That's fine. He needs to recognize that other peeps do different things. And he really needs to get the {censored} off his high horse and smell the {censored} coming outa his mouth.

• Members

um what is apoplexy? they never taught us that word in nursing school

You're not serious, right? You're just screwing with us, right?

Also, big props for making it into nursing school. I'm not sure where you're located, but nursing programs are insanely competitive to get into around here.

• Members

And that's the point. Django thinks he's somehow superior due to his love of offsets. That's fine. He needs to recognize that other peeps do different things. And he really needs to get the {censored} off his high horse and smell the {censored} coming outa his mouth.

the point is that you people have been trolled and keep coming back for more. :lol:

• Members

I think you're getting worked up. There's really no need to. Have a drink. Take a nap.

• Members

I just had a drink and played my Strat. And then played my Jagmaster, and had another drink. I might have another drink, or a beer and play acoustic. I like this trend.

I just had a drink, ran through some scales and arpeggios, played Seasons in the Abyss on cello, and then clubbed a baby seal. RAGE!!!

Archived