Who is the most overated guitarist of the last 50 years ???

Dr. Scottie C

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cobain by a mile.

I don't think that Cobain was ever touted as a great guitarist in a traditional sense by anyone. What he did well was play the part of the anti-guitar hero by resurrecting old Jaguars rather than the pointy superstrats everyone else was playing at the time. His style was polar opposite of the hair band shredders of the late 80's and early 90's. His tone and style sounded fresh and creative during a period of mostly mediocre "me too" bands, and his ragged edged strumming on acoustic was exactly what his songs required. I was in my early 30's when Nirvana's music challenged the MTV generation with something wholly refreshing and I still think it sounds great. But if you weren't around during those dark days of Huey Lewis, the Outfield, Michael Bolton, M

• Members
I don't think that Cobain was ever touted as a great guitarist in a traditional sense by anyone. What he did well was play the part of the anti-guitar hero by resurrecting old Jaguars rather than the pointy superstrats everyone else was playing at the time. His style was polar opposite of the hair band shredders of the late 80's and early 90's. His tone and style sounded fresh and creative during a period of mostly mediocre "me too" bands, and his ragged edged strumming on acoustic was exactly what his songs required. I was in my early 30's when Nirvana's music challenged the MTV generation with something wholly refreshing and I still think it sounds great. But if you weren't around during those dark days of Huey Lewis, the Outfield, Michael Bolton, M

• Members

Hey c'mon now -- from Cylon's apparent level of literacy he'd be a gifted two-year old. No, I'd place him solidly in mid-adolescence. That level of obnoxiousness is indicative of a High School freshman.

Lol. But he watches Battlestar Galactica. I thought high schoolers only watched current TV, and that show ended a few years ago.

• Members

Archived