Can you predict your top three likeliest guitar purchases?

honeyiscool

• Members
... Although I'll keep it as my nemesis, I still want that great dreadnaught that can turn a simple cadence through a simple progression into a chorus of angels.
:D

That sounds exactly like a Taylor GS8. Big, swirly rosewood tone with tons of depth and projection. Absurdly clear lows, too.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a hard one. I have all the electric bases covered, and though I had serious GAS for a Hag Viking 12, I won't be buying it because the neck is not a good fit for my hands.

Probably a Martin D28, D35, or 000-28.

And a Lakewood 12 string, possibly a Martin 12er.

• Members

1) An ELITE acoustic guitar. Collings, Santa Cruz, of that ilk. Being in NYC, I'm going to go on a big quest and buy the one that speaks to me. This is an end of year purchase for me.

2) collings 290 - have a strat, have a tele, have a 335, need p90s to round it out

3) this is where I start getting to a level of redundancy. I think I'm a Strat guy at the end of the day, and while my G&L is nice, I have played better (albeit more expensive) and I'd like to have something more traditional...so I might go in that route

• Members

1) An ELITE acoustic guitar. Collings, Santa Cruz, of that ilk. Being in NYC, I'm going to go on a big quest and buy the one that speaks to me. This is an end of year purchase for me.

2) collings 290 - have a strat, have a tele, have a 335, need p90s to round it out

3) this is where I start getting to a level of redundancy. I think I'm a Strat guy at the end of the day, and while my G&L is nice, I have played better (albeit more expensive) and I'd like to have something more traditional...so I might go in that route

3: Rittenhouse :)

• Members

1. Tube amp either 1 x 12" or 2 x 12" with reverb, not sure yet or maybe a cabinet, possibly a 1 x 15"

2. American Standard Stratocaster

3. New pickups and pots for the Blacktop Jaguar

I almost got the amp the other day but ended up with the Zoom pedal instead. They had a used VHT Standard 12 which I was really enjoying (after playing like five other amps) but I think I want something with a spring reverb in it. The thing does look and sound really nice in person though. Might go back.

• Members

Discounting any great Craigslist deals, a Peerless Manhattan jazz box, a Morgan AC20 Deluxe (Voxy), and an Allen Accomplice (Fendery). And at some point, I'll hobble a Burgundy Mist Strat together.

I'd also like to get a more springy reverb pedal, a Voxy pedal for use with my non-Voxy amp and an 80s SS 1x12 Peavey for a garage amp but those are all pretty cheap.

I'm in no hurry... This will happen in the next two years.

• Members

Meanwhile, it's an overpriced MIM Fender Jaguarillo that arrives in the mail tomorrow.

Why?, it's faded sonic blue with a 3-ply mint/black pickguard
:love:
and
variety
(humbucker) in the bridge.
:lol:
my ass off
:lol:

I am actually quite interested in that guitar as well. Tell me how you like it.

• Members

Here's my current GAS list, in order:

1) a Fender Precision, either Roadworn or 60's RI. Slap some flatwounds on that sucker and get my Duck Dunn/James Jamerson on.

0131712303_xl.jpg

2) Some kind of resonator, preferably with a pickup.

Round-Neck-Resonator-Guitar.jpg

3) A Fender EJ sig Strat to upgrade from my Roadworn.

0117702806_frt_wlg_001.jpg

That's it for now.

• Members

Probably just more Carvins. Other than for aesthetic reasons, I can't see ever lowering myself to play another brand of electric guitars. Now if we were talking about acoustics, I have have a very specific list of dream guitars.

1 - Gibson Dove
2 - Gibson Hummingbird
3 - Martin D-35

• Members

1. delay pedal - looking for an analog delay with tap tempo.

2. iPhone interface - have the iRig, waiting for the next generation of gear to come out for the new lightning port on my iPhone 5. IMO, this is the future of gear.

3. Mojo Hand Colossus - student wants to buy mine, definitely need another.

Archived