Can you predict your top three likeliest guitar purchases?

honeyiscool

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool

View Post

I'm in no hurry to make these, but here are my top three guitars that I'm likely to buy in the near future:

2. Gibson 60s Tribute Les Paul Studio in Worn White - I love the looks, and I love the idea of a P90 LP. For some reason, I love LP in white, but if I go with a humbucker, I feel like I need the full Custom everything, but w/ soapbars, the Studio look appeals a lot more to me, as does the lower weight and the price.

These are due to be an Amazon gold box deal in about 20 minutes.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1. None

2. Nothing

3. Nada

My oldest is graduating high school and heading to med school at a fairly expensive private university next year. I may have to live with what I have for quite a while. facepalm.gif I would like to sneak a Gibson Les Paul Studio in there.

If the question was "guitar related", then it would be:

1. Strings

2. Vox Lil Night Train

3. Strings.

wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by WhatDoIKnow

View Post

1. None

2. Nothing

3. Nada

My oldest is graduating high school and heading to med school at a fairly expensive private university next year. I may have to live with what I have for quite a while. facepalm.gif I would like to sneak a Gibson Les Paul Studio in there.

If the question was "guitar related", then it would be:

1. Strings

2. Vox Lil Night Train

3. Strings.

wink.gif

Oh sure, as soon as I post this a 'Lil Night Train comes up on my local CL for $155. I really don't feel like buying anything right now. screen.gif

• Members

Ummmmm, hard to say right now. I really like all my stuff and have made a lot of changes lately.

More Picks, probably a gross of these:

dunlop-tortex-tiii-1.0mm_m.jpg

I also have my eye on this delay pedal to reaplce my 616:

DisasterTransportJr.jpg

The delay is low priority, so this is even lower, I'd like a different backpack for my cables and stuff. the one I have is really small and there's not for everything I'd like to have on hand. Also, I want a more rigid protective bag, but it has to be a bag and fit on my back. I just can't abide another road case/tool box.

Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool

View Post

I'm in no hurry to make these, but here are my top three guitars that I'm likely to buy in the near future:

1. Taylor GS Mini. I love the idea of a good short-scale traveler guitar, and it'd be a nice contrast to my other acoustics (Taylor 316ce and Seagull Entourage)

2. Gibson 60s Tribute Les Paul Studio in Worn White - I love the looks, and I love the idea of a P90 LP. For some reason, I love LP in white, but if I go with a humbucker, I feel like I need the full Custom everything, but w/ soapbars, the Studio look appeals a lot more to me, as does the lower weight and the price.

3. Daisy Rock Bangles Signature Guitar - This is basically the same as my Daisy Rock Retro-H but with hardtail instead of Bigsby, and that's exactly the guitar I want, something with the same sound and feel but no trem. Plus, this is actually cheap.

I see you already own a Taylor, so there may be some loyalty issues, but if you haven't, you would be doing yourself a great disservice if you don't go play one of the 3/4 scale Martins first.

They're just amazing, IMO. I have a Yamaha 3/4 scale. It's not bad at all. I prefer the Jr. scale tone. More mids and punch, and I don't gig acoustic so I love the fact that they can be spoken over unless you're hammering away with a 1mm or thicker. Good social setting guitar. Not to mention they're stupid easy to play.

Either way, I've played a few, and I think the Martin takes the cake. Sounds so much bigger than the Taylor or Yamaha, and a steal at like $250ish last I checked. MIM, but whatever. idn_smilie.gif Just a thought.

• Members
1. Hollow/semi hollow. Probably an Epi Dot for now but I would really like to nab a Gretsch 5422 in Cadillac Green or Walnut.

2. US Strat of some sort, probably a HWY1. They seem to be going for only a few bills more than MIMs on the used market.

3. Something vintage/investment piece. I wouldn't mind something that I can play and cherish for years and not have to sell it at a loss if/when the time comes.

I guess I am going backwards on my list. Hopefully I can check this one off tomorrow :D :D :D

• Members

I'm done with guitars for now. I'm good in the gear department (40+ guitars, 10 amps, drum kit, full PA and monitors, keyboards....).

I'm gassing for mods for my cars now. Currently I'm in the process of getting a 'Flowmaster' exhaust for my Camaro. I'm also working on my other cars in the driveway (Xterra and a '94 Toyota pickup). My wife and son's cars are stock (Suburban & Lancer) with strict orders to leave them alone.

My Camaro

DSC00235.jpg

• Members

I'm pretty happy with the guitars I have right now. That said:

1. Suhr Standard Carve Archtop - my next guitar (although to be honest, it's probably a decade down the road).
2. Martin 000-28 - played one a few years ago and fell in love. I'm not playing a lot of acoustic right now, but when I do get another it will be a 000-28.
3. Carvin CT246M - never played one, but they look nice? Not sure what to put as #3 so I just guessed. I'd probably need to play before buying.

What's way more likely than another guitar is getting my LP and Strat refretted with stainless steel frets.

Archived