Your #1 Guitar......LET'S SEE IT !

bernardo gui

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by hardtdc View Post
1999 Epi Custom Flametop w SD 59' and Jazz, Jimmy Page wiring.

th_EpiLPbodyshot.jpg
Took long enough for a Les Paul to show up! Let's make it two:

090602_001.jpg

Gibson Chambered Historic R8, stock aside from a pair of Wolfetone Dr. Vintage pickups. It's been to every show I've played since I got it. I love the plain top and I love that it's only 7lbs, 6oz.

• Members

This is the one that sees the most play-time. Custom build using a NOS 1967 Danelectro Longhorn archtop body, Samick 7-string Strat-scale neck, Grover 18:1 locking Mini-Rotomatic machines, Kent Armstrong custom 7-string floating humbucker and custom ebony bridge, tailpiece and fingerrest. I call it the Danedetto.

Danedetto7-3.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by wagdog View Post
I have a lefty sx neck'ed partscaster, posted it several times. It will never be my number one 'cause I just love my srv sig strat too much, but it's a great, great guitar.

AWESOME neck - chunky and resonant. I believe that neck contributes to the tone of the guitar, as does the lightweight gfs paulowonaiasdflkjsadfkjsdfakj body.

Anyway, SX necks are fantastic, and if you get a good one, the fretwork is excellent too.

FWIW, I stripped the shellac off of mine w/citristrip - stuff works wonders and left the neck very smooth.

sxoutside_00.jpg

Yeah, SX necks are great, especially for such a budget-friendly guitar. And i also dig the jumbo frets. Rondo seems to know that the neck is probably the most important part of a guitar, and if you have a great neck, the guitar becomes a great modding platform.

Some sweet clean tones in that video Totally_jammin_out.gif

Archived